Cold spell is coming, signalling the start of tourism season in North

rooster59

Cold spell is coming, signalling the start of tourism season in North 

6ad2b1fddb482f77ffbce3c8bb061652-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Cold spell from China is now flowing down to blanket Thailand's northern region with some provinces started to experience the colder weather.

The arrival of the cold wind was evident when morning fogs getting thicker with visibility said to be less than 15 metres in some provinces in the north where floodings have just wreaked extensive havoc on farmlands and residential areas.

The unusual thick fog signals the upcoming cold season for this year and also the start of the tourism season in the northern tourist destinations.

Motorists are warned of thick fog and poor visibility while driving on roads in the northern region.

Although several northern provinces still faced rain and flood but weathermen said the rainy season for the north will soon end and overall temperature will gradually drop.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cold-spell-coming-signalling-start-tourism-season-north/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-10-01

"Thailand's northern region with some provinces started to experience the colder weather. "

Must be a giant freeze coming. I went to buy a pair of cross country skis and some snow shoes. There weren't any to be found. Must have been a rush on them since everyplace seemed to be sold out. 

6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

This stuff gets spewed out every year as I sit here at the keyboard only in shorts , no shirt with sweat running down by back

Sparkles please, gentlemen perspire OK.............only horses sweat :cheesy:

6 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

cold spell made it to burri ram. too cold to keep the wall fan on last night. wont bother with it tonight. thats 3 thb off the power bill this month.

I leave the door open and the breeze is enough to drive the fan,saved 25 baht this year so far...................:shock1:

59 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

This stuff gets spewed out every year as I sit here at the keyboard only in shorts , no shirt with sweat running down by back

Where were you last year when it was 8 degrees at the base of the mountains where we live, it was seriously cold for somebody who has been used to 28 degrees plus year round.

6 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

We get winter at higher elevations. Down to 6C some mornings at our place.

I'm putting in a fireplace this year because I am tried of being cold until 10 AM.

When it gets that cold I get a local lassie to warm my cockles a bit......:rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Where were you last year when it was 8 degrees at the base of the mountains where we live, it was seriously cold for somebody who has been used to 28 degrees plus year round.

I was in Hang Dong,actually put a jumper on one night.Not many live at the base of the mountains ,half your luck.

By the way I am talking about now,next week,next month  ,it will be December before anything remotely like a cool snap arrives.Its the usual TAT PR strategy to get Thais to travel north and stand on top of Doi Ithanon

I still swim 365 days a year as many friends do.I would suggest with respect that being 'cold ' here may only occur if you choose to wear no clothes.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Winter in Thailand mostly means lower humidity, not lower temperatures.

have you been in chiang rai in winter time ..Last year I had frost on my car screen.

40 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

I was in Hang Dong,actually put a jumper on one night.Not many live at the base of the mountains ,half your luck.

By the way I am talking about now,next week,next month  ,it will be December before anything remotely like a cool snap arrives.Its the usual TAT PR strategy to get Thais to travel north and stand on top of Doi Ithanon

I still swim 365 days a year as many friends do.I would suggest with respect that being 'cold ' here may only occur if you choose to wear no clothes.

"I would suggest with respect that being 'cold ' here may only occur if you choose to wear no clothes".

I wonder if wearing clothes would have helped these guys:

"2013’s winter saw 63 fatalities reported by early January, including a British man. The cold affected many, with the youngest at just one month old, the oldest at 81 years old, and all ages in between. This year’s official count is not yet published but it’s usually around the same number each year".

http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/when-thailand-gets-cold/

Or these:

http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/more-deaths-reported-cold-weather-thailand

4 hours ago, chiang mai said:

I was right here for that week of "cool" weather then back into the hot box.