Prime Minister encourages public to participate in Vegetarian Festival

rooster59

Prime Minister encourages public to participate in Vegetarian Festival

Nattakorn Ploddee

BANGKOK, 1 October 2016 (NNT) - The Prime Minister has invited the general public to cleanse their bodies and minds during the Vegetarian Festival, and extends a warning against opportunistic price hikes during the festival. 

Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha has announced during his Return Happiness to the People television program, that the Vegetarian Festival from 1-9 October is not only just about abstaining from eating meat and turning to vegetables and fruits. The festival is an opportunity for the stomach to take in necessary vitamins for healing itself and repairing other parts of the body. 

Those participating should maintain a clean state of body and mind, which extends to the body, spoken words and thought, working in unison to uphold religious vows. 

The Prime Minister says the Vegetarian Festival is a good occasion to attract good things towards oneself, which will result in the body and mind to flourish, and encourages the general public to participate during the nine days and nine nights of the festival. 

The concept of the festival will support farmers and agricultural products, says the Prime Minister, and warns against opportunistic price hikes during the period.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-10-01

Now if I had been his PR guy, I would have told him not to mention it. I mean, who likes being preached at? Not only that, but you end up cultivating an image of a windbag which doesn't do you any favours either - anything important you might have to say ends up being drowned out by 'Christ, is that blatherskyte never off the air?' and the 'Off' button being pressed...

"The Prime Minister has invited the general public to cleanse their bodies and minds during the Vegetarian Festival..."

Maybe when they stop considering sugar as a vegetable the body will be cleansed. There should be a warning on that free food to warn diabetics that vegetarian food can be a danger to them.

As for the minds being cleansed...I'm sure government's "Attitude Adjustment" (AKA Brainwashing) program will take care of that. 

...or as Frankie Boyle said: "Of course there is a vegetarian option! You can <deleted!>!"

Edited by metisdead
Please discontinue your efforts to post in a profane manner.