Recommendations for 55" 4K TV

Banana7

I am considering replacing my 4 year old 45" Sony TV, where the the display tube needs to be replaced to get rid of thousands of dead pixels, that cause black lines on the right side of the screen. Sony use to be a good brand 10-20 years ago.

Any recommendations for a 55" 4k flat screen TV that is reliable, excellent quality, good value with internet capability?

The guy at power buy recommended an LG UH650T 55" for 29,990b.

Edited by Banana7

Are you sure those are dead?  Had issues with a Samsung and adjustment of the feed cable for the side having issues fixed it.  Might be worth having checked.

Really don't expect there is that much difference between brands these days - with luck it lasts - without it fails.

18 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Are you sure those are dead?  Had issues with a Samsung and adjustment of the feed cable for the side having issues fixed it.  Might be worth having checked.

Really don't expect there is that much difference between brands these days - with luck it lasts - without it fails.

I did send the TV to a Sony authorized repair shop, and they told me that the lines were a result of dead pixels. Something  like 10,000 baht to replace the LED screen. I didn't open it, so I can only state what the repairman said. To me, what you say seems more reasonable, but there are other reports on the internet that other owners of the same model were told the same story by the sony repairmen when they complained about the black lines.

23 minutes ago, FracturedRabbit said:

I took delivery of an LG  4k TV today to replace my five year old failed Samsung. Very happy with it. Good interface and looks great.  Their OLED TVs are stunning; but so is the price...

What's the model number of your new TV? Why did you select it?

65UH615T - 65" 4K

49,990 baht

Because I thought it was a good price for a 65" 4K machine and the spec, although not the highest you can get, was more than enough for my needs. Have been very impressed so far. We went to LG and bought the "Magic" controller which is not standard with that model for an extra 900 baht and it makes navigation even easier.

The Netflix app on the LG is much better than the one I was using on an Apple TV.

18 minutes ago, nok_dan2000 said:

FracturedRabbit

Do you know if it support true vision satellite

A satellite box would have a HDMI output and connect to any TV. Is there something unique about True satellite?

16 minutes ago, nok_dan2000 said:

FracturedRabbit

Do you know if it support true vision satellite

True uses a set top box with HDMI output so of course it can display such an input signal.  If you are asking if it contains a Ku or C-band receiver suspect the answer is no and even if it did True Vision box requires card decoders.