Hill tribe kids stop Doi Suthep selfies after watch theft case

webfact

2 minutes ago, Jools said:

You can dismiss it as "rubbish" if you like, but there have been warning all over the internet about pickpocketing hill tribe children. They are experts.

There are warnings all over the internet about aliens walking amongst us, the end of the world coming next Saturday and all manner of odd and bizarre things, just because they are there doesn't mean they are true! And since you can't provide a substantive link to confirm what you say I will file you and your comments under "unsubstantiated bar stool gossip".

And FWIW,: in Thailand defamation does not have to be true or not true in order for a person to be culpable, all that has to be proved is that an utterance caused damage or loss of income. An example of this might be YOU saying the hill tribe kids stole a watch from tourists and as a result they stopped work at the entrance to the temple and lost money as a result! Have a nice night.

Since hilltribe children are neither adults nor citizens, they have NO right to file defamation charges, They steal, they are thieves, they are scumbags and very SMELLY scumbags at that. I have personally caught one with her hand in my back pocket. If you can't accept that as proof then this illustrates just how wrong you are. Read and LEARN.

As an sddendum.....who in the HELL would want to file charges against impoverished hilltribe people? Best to write it off as a loss and forget about it. I learned a lesson with my experence. I won't be posing with these little thieves in the future. Until they decide to conduct their business honestly, I would hope that other tourists would keep a close watch on their valuables..

7 minutes ago, Jools said:

Since hilltribe children are neither adults nor citizens, they have NO right to file defamation charges, They steal, they are thieves, they are scumbags and very SMELLY scumbags at that. I have personally caught one with her hand in my back pocket. If you can't accept that as proof then this illustrates just how wrong you are. Read and LEARN.

You're a funny guy, an expert on Thai law and on hilltribe culture, goodness! You will find that most Hmong at Doi Pui have Thai ID cards although this in itself is not a prerequisite to file a defamation case in Thailand.

On reflection Jools I think you and me are done on this forum, you were challenged to back up your defamatory statements with proof and you were not able to do so, then you come back with insults all round, I'm not really interested in that level or style of unproductive low level debate, byee.

15 minutes ago, Jools said:

You might find this amazing, but almost all of what you say is wrong. Most of them are citizens, I have never seen evidence that they have more criminals among them than city folk. They do not smell, Thais are quite fastidious about body odor, and the hill tribe people follow suit. They are not all scumbags either, but I am sure you could find some.

Your one off anecdote is hardly the burden of proof required to make these generalizations. 

As for me I live in a hill tribe village, and most of the people I know are Hilltribe people, including my kids.

That being said, I have no idea whether or not the Hmong girls were thieves. It is a human trait, but not genetic.

1 hour ago, chiang mai said:

You're a funny guy, an expert on Thai law and on hilltribe culture, goodness! You will find that most Hmong at Doi Pui have Thai ID cards although this in itself is not a prerequisite to file a defamation case in Thailand.

On reflection Jools I think you and me are done on this forum, you were challenged to back up your defamatory statements with proof and you were not able to do so, then you come back with insults all round, I'm not really interested in that level or style of unproductive low level debate, byee.

Trace my IP number and then tell me if you think you want to file "defamation" charges against me. I backed up my statement with personal experience. Unless I had videotaped the event, it would be worthless. My "low level of debate" as you call it, is roughly equivalent to the low level of proof that you bring to the table. My experience corroborated by many others versus your "warm and fuzzy" good feelings about hilltribes. There is a REASON they don't have citizenship. Inability to fit within the bounds of society is a large part of that.

4 minutes ago, Jools said:

Trace my IP number and then tell me if you think you want to file "defamation" charges against me. I backed up my statement with personal experience. Unless I had videotaped the event, it would be worthless. My "low level of debate" as you call it, is roughly equivalent to the low level of proof that you bring to the table. My experience corroborated by many others versus your "warm and fuzzy" good feelings about hilltribes. There is a REASON they don't have citizenship. Inability to fit within the bounds of society is a large part of that.

It's a little bit more than just feeling warm and fuzzy:

And now you and me really are done, really.