People that start a thread and demand they are closed.

anotheruser

What is up with the handful of people that start threads and when they don't go exactly as the OP wants the OP cries to have it closed? It seems to me that some people make a thread and when they don't get the response they anticipated or utter agreement with their topic they act as if the thread is somehow their property and demand it is closed. Some of them deserve to be closed because they get out of hand and nasty but others are just fine and should continue even if the OP loses interest. 

I find this behavior so juvenile and puerile. It's like they intentionally go out of their way to make crap and controversial threads but once they get their little feelings hurt they need to take their ball away and go home so others can not have any fun.

So some threads get closed that are worthwhile and other like the "hard to open my wallet" thread are allowed to fester unabated for 18 mind numbing pages with no value at all. 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A hot mess thread but you can't look away, like when someone vomits in public and makes other people vomit ... 

The premise of the thread is people who create threads and close them, when they realize the premise of their thread is stupid. Please stay on topic.

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A hot mess thread but you can't look away, like when someone vomits in public and makes other people vomit ... 

Is it just coincidence this thread was started shortly after a poster vomitted in another thread ?

This thread may very well be a reactionary vomit rather than the first to puke.

55 minutes ago, Luckysilk said:

Just thank god we don't know these gits in real life, oh wait I doubt they seldom leave their bubble as they are always online.

But, but I have never closed any of my threads......:saai:

Oh, staff have closed many though........:post-4641-1156693976:............:laugh:

I assume you are referring to a particular 'Ridicule and Pity Americans' thread that i thought was quite interesting and i would have lked to contribute. I learnt from that though, with a long thread, to go to the last page first to check it has not been closed. I think an OP does have a responsibility to try and keep a track on thread and in that case i felt Jingthing did do that but was fighting a losing battle.

To the OP i would say that you yourself took a very negative approach to the 'Ridicule and Pity Americans' thread and virtually decided yourself where it was going. I quote you

' I also handle it okay because am capable of giving and taking it with the best of them. Now I am going to depart this thread because I think anybody in their right mind knows what this thread is going to descend into by the end of the day. 

Have a good one mate'.

2 hours ago, rogeroc said:

To the OP i would say that you yourself took a very negative approach to the 'Ridicule and Pity Americans' thread and virtually decided yourself where it was going. I quote you

' I also handle it okay because am capable of giving and taking it with the best of them. Now I am going to depart this thread because I think anybody in their right mind knows what this thread is going to descend into by the end of the day. 

Have a good one mate'.

Isn't it nice I let you have an opinion and don't act like this thread is my copyrighted property? Though my statement stands that we all knew how it was going to go and I by and large stayed out of it after that. It isn't hard to predict that a thread about negative attitudes towards Americans would go off the rails is it? 

If people are going to be so sensitive and childish about a thread they start they may want to exercise more caution with the submit button. Once you do press it, you don't have a license to act as de facto mod and berate people for responding in ways that you don't feel is appropriate. 

Also this thread isn't about people who post in threads it is about people that start threads and then close them on a whim when they don't like the response their thread elicits. So please try to stay on topic.

Edited by anotheruser