South Pattaya Hotel Recommendations?

GreenCurryorDie

Coming back to Thailand in January 2017 (woo-hoo!). Looking for hotel recommendation, prefer South Pattaya, less than B1000/night, hot water, wi-fi, pool would be great, maybe even seaview. Past visits I've been all over Soi 13 (Dynasty Inn, Inn House, AA Hotel) and Soi 7/8 hotels. Looking for something a little different.

I like high floor, so looking at The Base and View Talay 6, too. Thanks for any new ideas!

booking.com and agoda allow u to search by area, particularly booking com has a very useful map on their PC version where you can click on the listed hotels on the map and see the price range. I could recommend something but these r rather low-rise buildings and located between South Pattaya and Jomtien, Pratamnak hill area. excellent small hotels though, and great value for little money

14 hours ago, GreenCurryorDie said:

(Guess my question broke the Internet. No probs, Other sources are more helpful...)

Nah.  The interweb is working fine.  You'll rarely get any useful responses to a straightforward question on TVF.

Instead, you have to make a debatable statement and people will crawl out of the woodwork to prove you're an idiot.  Like this:

What's wrong with Pattaya nowadays?  There isn't a single decent hotel for under 1000 baht a day any more, not even in South Pattaya.  I remember when the place was great.  I guess I'll spend my holiday in Bali this year. 

32 minutes ago, impulse said:

Nah.  The interweb is working fine.  You'll rarely get any useful responses to a straightforward question on TVF.

Instead, you have to make a debatable statement and people will crawl out of the woodwork to prove you're an idiot.  Like this:

What's wrong with Pattaya nowadays?  There isn't a single decent hotel for under 1000 baht a day any more, not even in South Pattaya.  I remember when the place was great.  I guess I'll spend my holiday in Bali this year. 

+1. Gave me a laugh, that.

I stayed at the Diamond Beach Hotel last month for the walk-in rate of 850, rather than book on Agoda for 1400.  Great location if you want to be in the middle of the action.  Rooms in the newer wing don't have roaches.  Pool is very small but there's an outdoor Jacuzzi on the roof with a sea view.  Internet is free in common areas, 150 baht extra for in-room. The hotel is older and well-worn.

under 1K a night in jan is pushing it a bit…i doubt you've stayed all over soi 13 at that price…even sandy spring which is a perfectly decent place though not luxurious will set you back 1300-1400 with a member discount card.

Theres a nice guesthouse just behind avenue mall in the soi that runs just behind it….owner is a cool brit and theres pool and a nice bar and massage place below. Just a toddle over to soi diana and the traps.