Is nothing sacred.

sandgroper2

I moved from Australia to Indonesia, then to Phuket, then  to Pattaya. I never once notified social media of my moves, or reasons, I can make my own decisions . Why is it that some people cant even  move from one town to another without posting about it, setting aircon temp. etc without asking for opinions etc. Or, wanting people to know their very move, thought.  Maby its the heat here that causes grey matter to decline. Just a thought, what do you all think?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suggest you read what they have written - you might be surprised at the little gems of information that you can find that will be of help, especially to the many newcomers.

Now that you are in Pattaya, how about giving us your impressions. Some of us might be interested.

Its the new world groper. Everyone in their own self importance needs to twitter, snapchat, crackbook, line and whatsapp every single mundane little movement in their ordinary little lives, including pictures of food and hundreds if not thousands of pictures of themself, taken by themself:rolleyes:. I have little to no connection to any social media apps neither do my good friends. The problem and irony being in this instance of course that you have chosen to post on an internet forum your dislike for people posting on the internet and have in fact asked people to post on the internet their similar distaste for people posting on the internet. Just sayin...

Social Media in of itself is neither a good nor bad thing. It's what you make of it. If you don't find it useful just ignore it. I for one find it a fantastic tool to continue my  close friendships  with people back home. Your moves don't seem important to you, but my move to Thailand was a big deal for my friends and family. They want to know what I'm up to. I share my art and photos and some interesting stories about Thailand. I can also follow what's happening in their lives as I'm not there to see it. I don't feel I'm being "self-important" in doing so.

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

Did you read fs Lonelit Planet travel guidenhe Where to buy bleach thread?

Most people that have left there home countries wouldn't have made it off there own block before social media.

Your post reminds me of the foreword In a Lonely Planet guide. It says LP guIdes are 'for people who know how to get their bags off the conveyor belt.'

I thought quite the opposite, so detailed they are for people who couldn't find their butts with the light off.

Beats me why people feel the need to advise their every move.

I was briefly on FB some years ago, and found It a great time waster.

Edited by F4UCorsair

People think they are important, and everyone should care what they think and feel.  Some people are never told they are not special. As a teacher/professor/drill sergeant, I had the pleasure on many occasions of delivering this news to the dainty snowflakes that now occupy society.

28 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Thats how kim kardashian got into the mess she's in now with her hold-up in paris.

thats also how she got rich in the first place. pisses me off when i see guys posting selfies all the time. i dont mind so much when it is scantily clad good looking girl but please not if you are a minger.

Maby its the heat here that causes grey matter to decline. Just a thought,

It's just as bad or worse in northern climes where the temperatures are cooler. 

In the past people took millions of photos or slides or home movies of every boring thing they did and forced unsuspecting people to look at them all, anticipating appreciative comments, especially if their wretched children are involved.

fb boring.jpg

sandgroper2

So, you would rather speak to anonymous people and you yourself using an anonymous name speaking with people eon TV whom you have idea idea what they look like or where they are from, rather than conversing with real life friends ?

Real life FB isnt really for you .

FB is a great way of keeping in touch with friends who live in different parts of the World

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

sandgroper2

So, you would rather speak to anonymous people and you yourself using an anonymous name speaking with people eon TV whom you have idea idea what they look like or where they are from, rather than conversing with real life friends ?

Real life FB isnt really for you .

FB is a great way of keeping in touch with friends who live in different parts of the World

On TV people are not mentioning where they are and giving minute by minute details of their activities each day. They are not saying how beautiful and clever their kids are, how perfect they are and how wonderful are their spouses, posing themselves with thousands of photos and videos, what crap they like and what crap they don`t like as if anyone cares.

FB is not real life, it`s how dull people want the world to see them.

3 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

On TV people are not mentioning where they are and giving minute by minute details of their activities each day. They are not saying how beautiful and clever their kids are, how perfect they are and how wonderful are their spouses, posing themselves with thousands of photos and videos, what crap they like and what crap they don`t like as if anyone cares.

FB is not real life, it`s how dull people want the world to see them.

I do not have any friends like you described on FB .

It is your friends that is your issue, my friends just post the occasional photo .

Honestly now, are there people that post  "minute by minute details of their activities each day" or was you hugely exaggerating ?

The pathetic  state  of the world  today......

"Hey look Ive just had a  dump,now Im wiping  my  arse.".....etc ferk off..... I dont wanna  know youre every move you ferking wtats

"Look Im eating yet again, here let me show  you breakfast , dinner , tea, snack" etc

"Just  picked a  massive bogey outta  my nose"

Tedious aint it!

26 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do not have any friends like you described on FB .

It is your friends that is your issue, my friends just post the occasional photo .

Honestly now, are there people that post  "minute by minute details of their activities each day" or was you hugely exaggerating ?

yeah.......the whole of Thailands inhabitants

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

It's just as bad or worse in northern climes where the temperatures are cooler. 

In the past people took millions of photos or slides or home movies of every boring thing they did and forced unsuspecting people to look at them all, anticipating appreciative comments, especially if their wretched children are involved.

fb boring.jpg

no, i think Thais take it to the next level of tedium

I was in town the other day and was stopping random people to show them pictures of my dog, cat and also what I have been eating, I was asking them if they liked the pictures and if they would be my friend.

I now have a few followers a policeman and a couple of people with white coats.

1 hour ago, kannot said:

The pathetic  state  of the world  today......

"Hey look Ive just had a  dump,now Im wiping  my  arse.".....etc ferk off..... I dont wanna  know youre every move you ferking wtats

"Look Im eating yet again, here let me show  you breakfast , dinner , tea, snack" etc

"Just  picked a  massive bogey outta  my nose"

Tedious aint it!

Stop talking rubbish , people do not post like that on FB .

Just like the OP, you are making things up and then getting annoyed about things that just do not happened

Times change the time of face to face conversations are over. Can't rember the last time I went into a bank branch in the UK. Shopping is done on internet. Emails have all but replaced letters. More people meet on line than in pubs. Social media is here to stay. All us dinasoars have to embrace it or get stranded in time. Ps OP you asked the question on a social media site!!!@