Canadian reunited with his bag thanks Bangkok taxi driver - then rushes to take his meds

webfact

Canadian reunited with his bag thanks Bangkok taxi driver - then rushes to take his meds

a2.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A Canadian man became the latest lucky tourist to get his money back after leaving his bag in a taxi from the airport.

But when Paul Bradley, 35, was presented with his bag he told police he was not very well. He needed to take medication continually - and all his meds were in the bag!

The honest driver on this occasion was a woman called Thawanrat Kertsan who noticed the black bag had been left in her cab after she took Mr Bradley from Suvarnabhumi airport to Sukhumvit Soi 11 on Saturday, reports Sanook.

She took the bag to the FM 91 radio station and they contacted police to try and locate the owner. Police spent several days trying to find him in Sukhumvit and eventually caught up with him in Soi 13 after enquiries at hotels there.

Mr Bradley was presented with the bag at the radio station and the 65,000 baht's worth of US and Canadian dollars inside was all present and correct.

But he was most concerned about his meds saying that he was not well at all.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-07

Every time a bag is left in a Bangkok taxi it contains large amounts of cash.

Must be many dopey people around always leaving bags in taxis with money.

When i  used to travel money was always on my person, not randomly left in bags on seats.

The airport should consider giving the prize that they give to the millionth visitor, to the honest taxi drivers instead. Good to see another Canadian in Thailand, since less than one thousand of us visit Thailand every year. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.    Born in Toronto, bred in Thailand and India.

Edited by Colabamumbai
spelling

Another Lucky idiot who was not questioned by C&E for brunging in so much money presumably without declaring it.???

Good work by those few Honest Taxi Drivers and hope shewas rewarded accordingly. Now thai image is getting a little polishing .keep it up guys.?

We always here about these heroic taxi- drivers, who return sacks of cash and valuables to forgetful tourists!

Just imagine, how many bags full of dirty laundry, paper- clippings and other useless sh1t, they must find in their taxis on any given day!

2 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Another Lucky idiot who was not questioned by C&E for brunging in so much money presumably without declaring it.???

Good work by those few Honest Taxi Drivers and hope shewas rewarded accordingly. Now thai image is getting a little polishing .keep it up guys.?

Just regular holiday money less than $2000, no requirement to declare it. 

6 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

Drunk, high or just plain stupid? How can you otherwise explain that someone "forget" a backpack with cash and medicines in a taxi?

Because it's stressfull to take a taxi to the airport...they are not allowed to stop there and also it's not a relaxed place that taxistop.

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

This week's 'honest taxi driver' story has been brought to you by: TAT, the Tourism Authority of Thailand; Singha Beer,  the nation's favourite beer, and Pocky, the chocolate treat everyone can enjoy!

Stay tuned for more 'honest taxi driver' stories next week folks!

Right! A couple of weeks ago I predicted, in another thread, that due to the bad news that was currently circulating in Thailand about taxi drivers there would be an 'honest cabbie' story popping up in the following week or two: and lo and behold - here it is! Regular as clockwork.

1 minute ago, fruitman said:

Because it's stressfull to take a taxi to the airport...they are not allowed to stop there and also it's not a relaxed place that taxistop.

Well... he was going FROM the airport!
I have a backpack that I carry my meds, important documents and so on in when I travel and I treat it as my everyday gobag as its content might be needed to save my life and/or pay for my future.

11 hours ago, jerojero said:

Critical meds. Bunch of cash. Large backpack. Duh...I forgot about it. Sheesh!

How do you forget such a big backpack and knowingly that it has important things in it! Maybe too occupied thinking of soi nana picking up a freelancer 

If he flew from Canada he has to change planes once, the fastest route is 21 hours in the air and a 2 hour in transit.   Bangkok, to Seoul then to Toronto or vice versa,

I take Korean Air, they fly the 'Polar Route". The fastest/shortest time I can find.

I am dead tired, I can see someone forgetting something.

What if:

it gets reported that he's spent several sleepless, wide eyed nights, on the Soi.

- be a Fred Flintstone fan - he wildly jumps for glee, screaming "Yabba Dabba Doo" (as Fred would do)

and gets dragged away for a Yaba exam...

16 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

C&E is customs and emmigration? What's more he was only "brunging" in less than 2000 dollars. Was 65000 baht worth of dollars. Also you cannot polish a turd.