Road Rage Thai style: Hunt on as "Vios shoots at Vigo"

webfact

Road Rage Thai style: Hunt on as "Vios shoots at Vigo"

p3.jpg

Image: Manager Online

BANGKOK: -- A police hunt is on after a person inside a Toyota Vios was caught on a dash cam shooting at a Vigo pick-up truck on the road to Bang Bua Thong.

The video of the incident was posted on Facebook with a comment that said "It's hard to live in Thai society - this is scary!". The incident happened on Route 345 north west of Bangkok on Wednesday at 4.45 pm during a rainstorm, reports Manager Online.

The Vios had been following the Vigo and had been forced to brake suddenly. The Vios had then pulled up on the inside left and the gun was pulled out and fired.

Bang Bua Thong police are aware of the incident and have the name of the owner of the Vios as the number plate was clearly visible. Her name is Imjai Suthisrijan, 37, of Bang Yai, Nonthaburi.

Anop Nuamnakha of Bang Bua Thong thanked the poster of the clip. He said that the owner of the vehicle has been called in and whoever used the gun will face serious charges.

He urged the public to drive carefully with respect for fellow road users especially during difficult conditions in the rainy season.

He urged people to be calm behind the wheel and not resort to shooting each other - that's wrong.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-07

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

He urged people to be calm behind the wheel and not resort to shooting each other - that's wrong.

i don't know whether to laugh or cry at that statement.

Maybe it's time to seriously look at restricting handgun ownership, it seems every 2nd Thai male from 16 years old up has one. i've had a gun waved at me simply because the guy was embarrassed that he nearly ran my bike off the road and i protested by beeping the horn. :saai:

Edited by taichiplanet

so the vios  was  too close and the vigo should  not have been in that lane anyway, sick of the buggers  that just sit there all day when the inner  lane is often empty, best at 3  am  on a deserted road, even see it then

11 minutes ago, kannot said:

so the vios  was  too close and the vigo should  not have been in that lane anyway, sick of the buggers  that just sit there all day when the inner  lane is often empty, best at 3  am  on a deserted road, even see it then

Unbelievable!!! That's no excuse!!!

14 minutes ago, kannot said:

While it is annoying that people linger in the overtaking lane, it doesnt justify any bad behavior, specially not pulling out a gun.

come on guys this is hardly the way to solve traffic issues.there are some omissions or commissions by drivers at times but that does not mean it  should be resolved by a shoot out. drivers are advised to exercise some patience and control over their temper.

10 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

now that is a general statements. these are few cases amongst millions of drivers who go about their business without any issues.

Edited by seedy
Quote Hidden Post

2 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

Maybe it's time to seriously look at restricting handgun ownership, it seems every 2nd Thai male from 16 years old up has one. i've had a gun waved at me simply because the guy was embarrassed that he nearly ran my bike off the road and i protested by beeping the horn. :saai:

webfact  told a fact.

Just a reminder that it is legal to overtake on the inside on a dual carriage way. However it is not legal to hog the outside lane when the inside lane is clear. This in my view is more dangerous than speeding and should carry a very hefty fine!

The coffers would be full in no time! :smile:

1 minute ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Most Thai drivers have a weapon in the vehicle and many have firearms. 

They are nutters. You can lie to yourself about how dangerous driving is here but the appalling statistics and anecdotal evidence suggests it is a very serious problem and that includes the seemingly endless amount of similar road rage incidents that surface in the media on a regular basis.

interesting and what is the enforcement authority doing about it? nothing it would appear.

13 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Just a reminder that it is legal to overtake on the inside on a dual carriage way. However it is not legal to hog the outside lane when the inside lane is clear. This in my view is more dangerous than speeding and should carry a very hefty fine!

The coffers would be full in no time! :smile:

Agree!

3 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

Please come into the police office so we can have a little chat? Really!!!

Fine the Vios 1000 baht for firing a gun on public roads and causing distress.

Lock the driver of the Vigo for 3 years for driving slowly on the fast lane. Check if he is a farang, if yes, deport him. Thais would never drive inappropriately like this.

:saai:

Oh, and please jail the person who took this video. That's just unbelievable...... defamation. The worst crime to ever commit here. 10 years jail.

Edited by JacChang

24 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Someone pulls a gun out and fires it - due to road rage.

And the police have called the registered owner in.

Usual sense of urgency then.

Owner will show up in days.

Arrest warrants take a long time and waste of resources and fuel. :shock1:

I think the problem with Thais and guns stems from the face-saving culture. These people feel a loss-of-face very easily simply because they have such a fragile sense of self-respect and confidence. They have to be treated with kid gloves. Look at how they duck and bow about each other. So a gun offsets that. Makes them feel bigger than they really are. I doubt restricting gun-ownership will work, since quite a bit of these are illegally owned anyway. It has to start with education, me thinks. From when they are still kids.

Anop Nuamnakha of Bang Bua Thong thanked the poster of the clip. He said that the owner of the vehicle has been called in and whoever used the gun will face serious charges.

He urged the public to drive carefully with respect for fellow road users especially during difficult conditions in the rainy season.

Wow!! what an intelligent statement by Khun Anop...he advises people to "drive carefully" and to "be calm behind the wheel" in spite of being shot at!!!...what a guy!!!...

58 minutes ago, kannot said:

Is it the best way to shoot all these drivers ? Maybe, you'll help to clear the traffic jam.

11 minutes ago, outsider said:

I think the problem with Thais and guns stems from the face-saving culture. These people feel a loss-of-face very easily simply because they have such a fragile sense of self-respect and confidence. They have to be treated with kid gloves. Look at how they duck and bow about each other. So a gun offsets that. Makes them feel bigger than they really are. I doubt restricting gun-ownership will work, since quite a bit of these are illegally owned anyway. It has to start with education, me thinks. From when they are still kids.

" I think the problem with Thais and guns stems from the face-saving culture. These people feel a loss-of-face very easily simply because they have such a fragile sense of self-respect and confidence.  "

And you seriously don't think the problem is worse in Farang Land where every minor loss of face leads to school shootings, work place shootings, road rage shootings, riots, etc. ad nauseam?  Amazing how some farang are so blind to reality back in their "civilized" places of birth.

Most Thai drivers have a weapon in the vehicle and many have firearms. 

They are nutters. You can lie to yourself about how dangerous driving is here but the appalling statistics and anecdotal evidence suggests it is a very serious problem and that includes the seemingly endless amount of similar road rage incidents that surface in the media on a regular basis.

Most????

Nope - a very small minority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

Lots of gun crime but never any statements of concern from on high.

Does returning happiness to the people include allowing anyone who wants a firearm to have one ?