Haemolytic Strep Found in my urine test

Bonobojt

So I've been having annoying pain and discomfort above my public bone for months, pain while urinating sometimes, urinating a lot, feeling the need to urinate after urinating also Tingling sensations on my testicles and perineal, it started around April, it wasn't too bad at first but symptoms seemed to get worst after sex,  it kind first started after having sex actually, I've had many urine tests, genital swab test and a HIV bood test, all come back negative, then done another Urine test at my GP medical centre in the UK and they said they found Haemolytic Strep in my urine tests and she put me on Penicillin for 10 days.

I just want to get a second opinion on this, as I've never heard of this before, not sure how serious it is and I'm still not sure if this is the reason for all the discomfort above my public bone I've been having, has anyone had this or heard of this before ? 

Edited by Bonobojt

Can not speak for the strep and hope it resolves but if after treatment you still have symptoms would, as a recent bladder cancer patient, recommend prostate and bladder checks.  Simple finger/PSA is not that uncomfortable and basic ultrasound of abdomen is simple and painless.  Not sure what you have to do in UK with free medical to get such tests - they are cheap and immediate here in Thailand.  

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Can not speak for the strep and hope it resolves but if after treatment you still have symptoms would, as a recent bladder cancer patient, recommend prostate and bladder checks.  Simple finger/PSA is not that uncomfortable and basic ultrasound of abdomen is simple and painless.  Not sure what you have to do in UK with free medical to get such tests - they are cheap and immediate here in Thailand.  

if the antibiotics don't help then I'm sure the next step will be a urologist, I would love the have the other tests you mentioned, I'm a very slim 25 year old though so I'll be shocked if I have cancer, but it can happen to anyone I guess.  

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Group B streptococci (AKA "hemolytic strep") can indeed cause urinary and reproductive tract infections.

In men it will usually do so in those who are older or have a chronic illness like diabetes, though it can happen in anyone

See http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/group-b-strep/symptoms-causes/dxc-20200550

thanks Sheryl

11 minutes ago, Bonobojt said:

if the antibiotics don't help then I'm sure the next step will be a urologist, I would love the have the other tests you mentioned, I'm a very slim 25 year old though so I'll be shocked if I have cancer, but it can happen to anyone I guess.  

Take care of those pipes young man lot of life left in them.