mini van problems from HH to BKK.

bandos2000

Hua Hin is definitely hard to get to, and back to bkk on public transport now, buses leave from Bangkok terminal which is around an hour, and a 300 baht taxi ride from Suk. then the crappy bus takes another 3 hours . do decent buses go from Mor chit ?.coming back took a minivan, the first place asked me to buy an extra seat for my suit case, so i moved to another, she asked if i wanted to go to victory, which i replied yes, so paid for the ticket, (not for the case), and ended up back at that same bus station again, got into an argument with the driver when i said this doesnt <deleted> look much like victory, why if they dont go there anymore , say that they do. next time i will save all the hassles and just take a taxi, price is not that bad all things considered.

they told me they go to victory, but only went to the outer bus station, sai tai , or something similar, its 50 clicks from bkk. trains too slow , although would have been faster than what i did, and the swampy bus service is great, did that before as well , so a good option. just letting people know, that the mini van people might say they go to don muang or victory, but they might not take you there.

2 hours ago, Thanyaburi Mac said:

Try the airport schedule bus to HH, now and then friends on Sukumvit, just BTS out to Swampy and catch it:  http://www.airporthuahinbus.com/

Mac

Be warned, there are days when the bus is sold out even though there is one every 90 minutes. You can buy a ticket online. The 50 baht surcgharge is worth it during busy season.  My last trips were July and August and wham bam  I had to wait a few hours for a seat to become available. Instead of the first bus out I was out  after 12.

If your heading for the Suk area like I was going on Monday (cancelled now) then you could be looking at 4.5 hours if the Airport bus hits heavy traffic combined with getting from the Airport to Suk

The minibus to VM is normally 2.5 - 3 hours and perfect for getting on the BTS when arriving

Clearing all the minibuses from VM is a pain in the arse