‘Hidden political agenda’ behind Hawaii scandal

rooster59

4 hours ago, Enoon said:

Any sort of political agenda that does not originate with the Junta has to be hidden doesn't it?

An important step on the road to revolution is the forcing of opposition "underground".

This compels the establishment, development and perfection of covert networks which then prove  useful in the following stages.

Maybe the Junta haven't read the book.

I have a few friends in the Thai 'Present day government', and it is a common opinion amongs't many of them, and thus they warn me because I spend much of my time in Thailand, That is very likely next year of a 'civil war' here in Thailand........ So I pass it along so you can give thought to whether or not you want to be here when and if it happens.............

Fore warned is fore Armed,  a saying my mother taught me........ (long ago)

Thai Air Force has a Boeing 737 and an AirBus A319 flying out of Wing 6 Don Muang for VIP transport.  Must have been booked, who knows? Maintenance?   Charters are expensive it hard to guess to logistics, Hawaii is expensive. Maybe the Thai government was trying to be transparent which would shock the average Thai?  Who knows?  38 people, rooms, food, security, transportation?  Half the cost was probably airfare.  

Koncheep, however, said that the flight was necessary since military airplanes were incapable of a 19-hour flight without refueling, reported Khaosod English. This was from an early article in the Thai Coconuts News and it shows the Army exagerating the 19 hour flight when a later Thai Airways article mentions to be a 12.5 hour flight....... For 21 million Baht of Tax payers money expense, you can't convince me that they could not make a stop for fuel with a military flight. It would not have had 600,000 baht of food and booze aboard may be one reason.

I flew Thai's nonstop from Bangkok to Los Angeles a few times in past years and it only took 17 hours. Los Angeles is 5 hours beyond  Hawaii so you calculate it........ Can you see now how somebody is polishing up the apple

3 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Koncheep, however, said that the flight was necessary since military airplanes were incapable of a 19-hour flight without refueling, reported Khaosod English. This was from an early article in the Thai Coconuts News and it shows the Army exagerating the 19 hour flight when a later Thai Airways article mentions to be a 12.5 hour flight....... For 21 million Baht of Tax payers money expense, you can't convince me that they could not make a stop for fuel with a military flight. It would not have had 600,000 baht of food and booze aboard may be one reason.

I flew Thai's nonstop from Bangkok to Los Angeles a few times in past years and it only took 17 hours. Los Angeles is 5 hours beyond  Hawaii so you calculate it........ Can you see now how somebody is polishing up the apple

There are many places a flight can refuel in route, military or otherwise.  Probably wanted to cut coordination of of VIP transport.

46 minutes ago, Saraburi121 said:

Thai Air Force has a Boeing 737 and an AirBus A319 flying out of Wing 6 Don Muang for VIP transport.  Must have been booked, who knows? Maintenance?   Charters are expensive it hard to guess to logistics, Hawaii is expensive. Maybe the Thai government was trying to be transparent which would shock the average Thai?  Who knows?  38 people, rooms, food, security, transportation?  Half the cost was probably airfare.  

Those aircraft were probably available, But these people obviously wanted 'luxury' 'booze' and '600,000 baht worth of food', so they could have a 'memorable' experience ...... At somebody else's expense...

And mostly they could feel '

High class' for a couple days.........

Last year the farmers lost it all to Yingluk..... This year the farmers lost it to a great Hawaii vacation for 35 Thai Army and a few wives????      

Pity the poor 'Thai' farmers......... Lets find a way for their kids to learn in school, as they never got the chance to do...................

4 hours ago, BSJ said:

I am pretty sure the food would have been better than the Wednesday morning TG465 to Melbourne.  Dinner....very early breakfast.....was chicken in an Indian style curry with snow peas and rice.....hard to eat so I gave up after 3 pieces of chicken and a little rice.   Breakfast.....morning tea?.....was even more disgusting!

Mini Thai styled rolled omelet, a disgusting chicken sausage turned me off so it went back to the galley untouched!   At least the fruit and yogurt was palatable.

Baboon's Golden rule of longhaul travel #7: Never Ever Ever go for the omelette. I'll give you that tip for free...

yes, hidden political agenda, ...

An evil PTP snake-ghost appeared before Prawit in his dream cleverly disguised as a beautiful TV Anchorwoman. The evil PTP snake-ghost / beautiful anchorwoman used all of her feminine persuasions to convince the General to spend millions and millions of Bhat on an extravagant jaunt to the Hawaiian islands....

The silly boy fell for it, ...  :whistling:

17 minutes ago, Xircal said:

Since Thai Airways hasn't yet finalised the bill for the chartered 747, the final cost might turn out to be a bit more than the estimated 21 million baht: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/THAI-bill-for-Prawit-trip-in-two-months-30297089.html

Well, TG says the price bandied about was a median so the final price could just as easily be more as less.

But I think the real message from the govt (however you define them) is 'Up ypurs, we don't care because we have the guns and Buddha is on our side - wer'e good people and all our mates agree'.

But I can't help feeling there's more to it than bringing about reconciliation and resolving the county's problems because they've done the square root of sod all about either so far.

Edited by TweedleDee

10 hours ago, LifeInDorset said:

I may be mistaken, but I've lived in LOS for 12 years and I don't think I've ever seen Thais looking more unhappy and angry. I get a real sense of a pressure-cooker. I don't think I'd be Prayuth or Pravit for quids; their tenure may not be quite what they think it will be.

LiD

I don't know where you live but up here in the NE they seem much less happy, I guess thats not a big surprise being red shirt people, but I think there is more to it than that, I have to agree with you, but then I have always thought that being Famous and or Powerful would be more of a curse than anything.  These guys are making their own bed, lets see what happens.

Nothing like a very good distorted survey to tell the truth. The point missed is that this is just healthy political check and balances on what the party in power is doing. Any way I have just sent a handkerchief off to all concerned so they can wipe their eyes after their tantrum. :passifier:

So any one know how many people Singapore sent too Hawaii? and the flight they took?   I had heard that they sent 4 people and they took a regular commercial flight,,   (Unconfirmed) 

or how about Cambodia or Lao, Vietnam? etc,,,,???  Any one have info on their numbers of people and flight's and money spent for them to attend???   I'm rather surprised it hasn't been reported before, unless I missed it?  

It's hard to care about Thailand or its people as time goes by. I'm becoming like them. The generals are as bad as the people they put out. I wonder how many of them were millionaires by US dollar standards before taking over. Seems all the things they criticize others for don't apply to them. The only way they can be made to change is by people on the streets. Isn't that strange. But if you notice they have found friends like Russia, Iran, China and others who really don't care how they abuse the Thai people. In fact, if the people were to go out on the streets everything cruel that happened in the past could easily be done without losing any of these new pals. Thailand may be seeing some positive changes in some ways but its as corrupt as every feeding the wealth of the traditional people who have abused it for centuries. Human rights are not a Thai creation. I'm sure they will be saying this soon enough.  The Hawaii abuse could have been/can be dealt with in several ways that would have made the government look more respectable but they didn't choose any of them. So far this government is unwilling to take responsibility for any of its wrongs. The future looks bleak.

21 hours ago, LifeInDorset said:

I may be mistaken, but I've lived in LOS for 12 years and I don't think I've ever seen Thais looking more unhappy and angry. I get a real sense of a pressure-cooker. I don't think I'd be Prayuth or Pravit for quids; their tenure may not be quite what they think it will be.

LiD

In 2010 and 2014 (pre-coup), Thai people were a lot more angry.

On 10/9/2016 at 7:22 PM, Saraburi121 said:

The RTAF recently purchased (April, 2016) an A340-500 from TG, and it has the new livery as of a few weeks ago. Not sure why they couldn't use this aircraft? Maybe it's still being sorted out?

http://thai.listedcompany.com/newsroom/160520161907480973E.pdf

15837_1473774492.jpg