Yet another Pattaya pickup kills a bike rider

rooster59

Yet another Pattaya pickup kills a bike rider

Report by Pattaya One News Team

pickup-hit-bike-one-dead-3.jpg

PATTAYA:-- At 9pm, on the evening of October 7, Nongprue police station received reports of a fatal accident in front of Nongprue market, Pattaya.

Sawang Boriboon medics were on the scene attending to thirty-five-year old Mr Kow Horapumbi, who was laying on the ground with a weak pulse.

Medics performed emergency CPR but failed to revive the victim who later died of a head wound. His motorbike, a red and black Honda Wave, was laying nearby.

A brown Ford Ranger pickup truck, driven by forty-six-year old hotel worker, Mr Sakda Wonsook, had been damaged in the front end.

Witnesses said that both vehicles were driving in the same direction and when they reached the market the pick up hit the motorcycle, causing it to skid and crash into the road.

The driver, who apparently had not seen or felt what had happened, carried on driving and ran over the victim with his rear wheels, causing the fatal head injury.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/yet-another-pattaya-pickup-kills-bike-rider/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-10-09

51 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

"apparently had not seen or felt what had happened"   outrageous!!!

RIP

Aborted attempt to flee the scene.

Motorcycle rider might otherwise have survived.

Murder!

Result: he or insurance will pay the funeral plus a small sum.

Edited by KhunBENQ

happened to me waiting to do a right turn, driver stopped got out and walked over, saw we were both unconscious and drove off. Of course none of the Thais nearby saw anything when the police asked. 

Lack of concentration and not looking where they are going is a big problem, bikes and cars

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Aborted attempt to flee the scene.

Motorcycle rider might otherwise have survived.

Murder!

Result: he or insurance will pay the funeral plus a small sum.

Did you saw exactly what happened or why you call murder?

I had so much situations that motorbikes overhauled me on the left side and moved direct in my front to the right side.

Maybe this happen here to and the biker is now a dead idiot. And the pickup driver isn't fault.

Who know it if you don't saw it yourself? Witnesses tell a lot of shit too because they can't saw it exactly but think this was so.

And why didn't the biker wear a helmet?

Edited by snowgard

7 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Thais should not be allowed to drive anything more substantial than a monocycle !

I reckon a pair of flip flops is better  for all Thai males

between the age of  9-45

Total,  selfish,  idiots they are on the roads.  :bah:

3 minutes ago, tifino said:

if he has a pulse, even a weak one

- performing CPR on a beating heart isn't a good thing...

Unfortunately the prevailing convention amongst first responders currently in the Kingdom is that CPR is performed on all occasions. This is due to a combination of ignorance and an eagerness to impress onlookers.

8 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Unfortunately the prevailing convention amongst first responders currently in the Kingdom is that CPR is performed on all occasions. This is due to a combination of ignorance and an eagerness to impress onlookers.

hard-pressed attention seekers

6 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I guess the point is that performing CPR on a person with a beating heart can actually kill them and is a dangerously stupid practice.....but TIT

On Sunday, October 09, 2016 at 4:21 AM, LannaGuy said:

"apparently had not seen or felt what had happened"   outrageous!!!

RIP

Its quite easy to not see a motorcycle in front of you when youre staring at your phone..... i had 1 moron stop his car right in front of my bus while he started tapping away on line..... and then got all angry when i sounded the horn to make him aware he was stopped in the centre of a busy road... no doubt bluespunk will be along soon to say i was being racist.. oh hum...

On 10/9/2016 at 4:10 PM, snowgard said:

Did you saw exactly what happened or why you call murder?

I had so much situations that motorbikes overhauled me on the left side and moved direct in my front to the right side.

Maybe this happen here to and the biker is now a dead idiot. And the pickup driver isn't fault.

Who know it if you don't saw it yourself? Witnesses tell a lot of shit too because they can't saw it exactly but think this was so.

And why didn't the biker wear a helmet?

Excellent point about the helmet...