Teenager falls asleep at wheel, smashes into lamp post

rooster59

Teenager falls asleep at wheel, smashes into lamp post

Report by Pattaya One News Team.

pajero-hit-street-light-1.jpg

PATTAYA:-- At 5am, on the morning of October 8, Pattaya police were informed of an accident after witnesses reported a pickup truck driver had lost control at a traffic island and smashed into a lamp post.

The accident happened at 2nd Road, Jomtien.

At the scene a brown Mitsubushi Pajero was badly damaged and the windows had blown out. A lamp post was broken in half and ten trees had been ripped from the ground.

The driver, eighteen-year-old Ortega Nicolas, a Thai-French national, was not injured.

He said that he was on his way home and started feeling ‘sleepy.’ But, as he was so close to home he decided to continue.

However, he then admitted he fell asleep at the wheel, went straight over the traffic island and hit the lamp post.

He has been charged with reckless driving and causing 300,000 baht damage to public property.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/teenager-falls-asleep-wheel-smashes-lamp-post/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-10-09

2 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

From the looks of the truck the lamp post was the undeclared winner. These things sure are not made the way they used to be. I can remember back when I was eighteen STOP!

"  I can remember back when I was eighteen "

yes but in those days didn't you have to drive behind a man with a red flag?:giggle: 

Been there, done that a long time ago when I parked my Morris Major up against a massive gum tree doing about 80 km/hr. Lost an eye, a car, and gained a few scars. Still, gratefully I am still alive to tell the story.

But we can all be wisely warned from the commentary of our fellow perfectionists.

Edited by Brer Fox

21 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

There will be no information regarding Breathalyzer tests,urine tests or on the spot checks,until the BIB have found out who he is,has his dad got any money and what his preference is for places to do his community hours.

And dad has to buy two Pajeros - one for himself, and another for his boy