car hire

oldgent

After my regular internet searches, the best quote for CM I have seen, was booking it through Air Asia who use a partner company. 

Am still in two minds if one would be beneficial next visit.

Edited by Paul Catton
Grammar

19 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Hire cars with a driver charge 3000 Baht per day in CM, including petrol .

Car only, no driver or petrol , 1000-1500 Baht per day

Valid point, but self drive car rental is the 24hr availability that clinches it for me.

More so, if visiting family in outer regions or neighbouring Provinces combined with having to adopt timeframes that wouldn't be geared to chauffeur service, and don't really fancy trying to organise pick n mixes between the two.

Might be suitable for the OP though and others, so any personal recommendations?

The location doesn't matter as long as you book it online.

The airport is only more expensive when you show up without a booking.

All the big rental companies have more reasonable rates online for their *THAILAND* based sites.  So don't go to the main Avis site for example, pick the Thailand one.  

A Honda city is about 1200 baht per day by Hertz or Budget at CM airport. A SDCW is about 200 baht per day. Last time I had that one it proved to be a good choice, after hitting a concrete post in a parking.

I have Sygnic on my mobile for navigation. If you have an mobile internet subscription google maps also works. Just set the route when connected with wifi so it already gets the map and the mobile internet is only necessary for an optional reroute.

5 hours ago, Paul944 said:

A Honda city is about 1200 baht per day by Hertz or Budget at CM airport. A SDCW is about 200 baht per day. Last time I had that one it proved to be a good choice, after hitting a concrete post in a parking.

I have Sygnic on my mobile for navigation. If you have an mobile internet subscription google maps also works. Just set the route when connected with wifi so it already gets the map and the mobile internet is only necessary for an optional reroute.

hi Paul thank you can you tell me what SDCW stands for?

Nics is a big business in Mae Rim....Danny is a good bloke as is Irish Mike. generally they are here for long term rentals but that being said they also do day to day rentals.  And their fleet is modern too. Definitely worth a look

My girlfriend and I hired a car in CM for 6 days a couple of weeks ago. 800 baht a day for a Honda Amaze (decent enough car), though we paid an extra 100 for better insurance, so it was 900 a day in total.

The company were called Tcarrent and she found them on Facebook. I'm not sure if they have a website. Excellent service and I'd definitely use them again. I'm not sure if they speak English or not.

I'd only ever rented a car once before, in Sydney Australia, and my friend and I got royally screwed over. They charged us $200 for a broken hubcap, which fell off within an hour of driving the car. This time I took a bunch of photos when they dropped the car off. I was anticipating getting ripped off but when we gave it back at the airport the guy only checked to see if we'd filled up the tank. Marvellous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk