"We are on top of everything" say Thai police amid heightened security threat

webfact

"We are on top of everything" say Thai police amid heightened security threat

p1.jpg

Image: Manager Online

BANGKOK: -- Police have said that they are on top of matters after reports of possible bomb attacks in Bangkok and the surrounding province.

Deputy police chief Srivara Rangsibhramanakul played down reports coming from Australian security services and the Australian embassy that the capital would be targeted with car bombs in the October 25 - 30 period, reports Manager Online.

Srivara said that news of this nature was "normal" and that it happens "all over the world". Security personnel would be as vigilant as ever in ensuring the safety of the capital.

However, he did consider the threat credible enough to call together a large gathering of representatives from city and regional police to the National Police HQ yesterday afternoon to discuss the matter and check readiness of the forces.

Speaking after the meeting he said that nowhere in particular was being protected, everywhere was under the watch of the security forces as normal - but he conceded that tourist sites, embassies and key installations would be subject to added security.

He referenced those responsible for the outrages in seven provinces in August could be behind new threats. The bombers remain at large.

He said that security forces expect trouble in the far south in the three border provinces when the anniversary of the establishment of the insurgent group the BRN (Barisan Revolusi Nasional) is marked.

Source:  Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-11

On top of everything ?    :cheesy::cheesy:

Yes right, if you say so now try it again but this time with conviction and sincerity !

While you're at it try getting senior officers to read from the same page because conflicting statements do nothing for public confidence.

52 minutes ago, webfact said:

Speaking after the meeting he said that nowhere in particular was being protected

Considering the past efforts of the security forces, I'd go as far to say that nowhere at all was being "protected"

Don't think for a moment that the Mothers Day blasts were 'organised' by Southern Militants. Rather, an offshoot likely contracted to make it appear a BRN or Southern Militant op. Previous Samui mall and Erawan blasts also look extremely suspect. Rank and file 'red tomato' police always go for a simple deflecting patsy.

Now, with a long dreaded transition looming as well as a big money confiscation looming, someone has at least 35.7 billion reasons and a last chance opportunity to pull out all the stops

Recommend all look out for signs of a prominent desert desperado's family & relatives  jetting off on sudden overseas shopping trips again... Meanwhile, also recommend avoiding high traffic areas and popular tourist venues.

Edited by sujoop
format

56 minutes ago, bluebluewater said:

Yes indeedy - you have got to get up pretty early in the morning to get ahead of these guys

If I can get up at 2.00 a.m. and line up at immigration for my visa extension I am sure I can beat these guys out of the sack even at my ripe old age. 

15 minutes ago, carstenp said:

Yep very convenient...

adding the 10 suspects already have arrest warrants and criminal records.

Another source said:

Some of the suspects apprehended already have been on the wanted list of security authorities for national security threat.

So, a day after receiving a specific threat, they can suddenly arrest 10 people with outstanding arrest warrants? They knew the exact location of 10 people with outstanding arrest warrant that could possibly undertake large scale terrorist bombings?

Good job indeed.