Transfer Funds from Singapore to Thailand

I reside in the U.S but will be moving to Thailand next week.  I have a Bangkok Bank account as well as a Bank of America account.  I've figured out a free way (except for the incoming fee Bangkok Bank charges) to transfer money from my US bank account to my Thai bank account using Google Wallet and the Bangkok Bank ACH account number in New York.  Now I'd like to know of a way to transfer money from a Singapore bank account to my Bangkok Bank account in Thailand.  I noticed there's a Bangkok Bank branch in Singapore, but when I called them, they said it's not possible to transfer funds between Bangkok Bank accounts in Singapore and Thailand.  This left me scratching my head, but whatever.  

Is there a bank in Singapore that is better/cheaper at this kind of thing than the others?  I've seen talk that have a US dollar account helps somehow.  Not sure.

9 hours ago, daboyz1 said:

Also, I 'd like to occasionally transfer money from my Singapore bank account to my US bank account.  However, the vast majority of transfers will be from Singapore to Thailand.  Is there a better bank for this?

there's no such thing like a better bank in SG. transferring USD from SG to the U.S. and Thailand is done by SWIFT. the usual charge is SGD 30-35 irrelevant whether the amount is 500 or 5 million dollars. if the sending bank needs a correspondence bank additional fees of SGD 30-35 apply.

Hello all, im trying to send money from Singapore to kasikorn bank at nakhon chaisi via internet. Im unable to find the SWIFT code for that particular branch. Can someone advise me how to go about doing it or should i just fill in the forms at the bank counter and leave the rest to the banks. Transfer via internet is cheaper by about $15.

Best regards

52 minutes ago, CHRISTIANa9 said:

Hello all, im trying to send money from Singapore to kasikorn bank at nakhon chaisi via internet. Im unable to find the SWIFT code for that particular branch. Can someone advise me how to go about doing it or should i just fill in the forms at the bank counter and leave the rest to the banks. Transfer via internet is cheaper by about $15.

Best regards

I don't think you can send it to a particular branch.  You just send it to the bank.

Archived