The Thaiger Roars - Phuket 102.75 FM

Jonathan Fairfield

The Thaiger Roars - Phuket 102.75 FM

tim.jpg

The media scene in Phuket is heating up with the start of a new FM radio station.

The Thaiger - Phuket’s 102.75FM has kicked off the island’s third english-speaking FM service. The Manager Tim Newton says that, with Phuket’s traffic getting worse, it’s good for drivers to have an alternative station to listen to.

“We’ve promised ‘news, traffic & weather, together, every 30 minutes’. 

The Thaiger is doing it’s own local Phuket news service and adding the worldwide resources of Feature Story News from London and Washington. The trick is to find the right music mix to surround all the local information”.

Tim, former Manager of Phuket’s LIVE 89.5 for three years, also hosted the island’s daily TV ‘Phuket Xtra’ TV news for two years drawing a peak of 15,000 viewers a day on Facebook and YouTube. 

He’s happy to get back to his grass-roots in radio and is hosting the daily breakfast program ‘Waking The Thaiger’.

“Radio is my first love. It’s still the best and most intimate medium to reach out to people. I haven’t done daily breakfast radio since I was back in Australia so I’m going to be a bit rusty for a few weeks.”

The Thaiger is taking a different approach to its music mix adding some ‘beach vibes’ and DJ ‘chill’ mixes to its greatest hits format.

“Radio is a magic mix of science and intuition. I’ve learned the rules after 25 years in the industry and now loving adding all the things I’ve learnt here in Phuket. At the end of the day, it’s all about the listeners and what they want to hear”.

The Thaiger is on FM at 102.75 on Phuket and can also be streamed on their website www.thethaiger.com.

For further information contact Tim Newton at [email protected]