Drunk American man arrested after attacking vehicles in Phuket

webfact

Drunk New Yorker arrested after attacking vehicles in Phuket

Eakkapop Thongtub

1476252543_1.jpg

The drunk American man was attempting to get a ride to the airport before he blocked traffic and damaged three cars. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A drunk American man was taken into police custody after causing a minor traffic incident in northern Phuket early this morning (Oct 12).

Police said the man, identified as American national Stephen Leonard, was on foot trying to flag down a vehicle to take him to the airport, before he obstructed traffic on the road and damaged several vehicles.

Tha Chatchai Police Lt Thanom Thongpan said he received a call from a local resident at 5:30am reporting that a drunk foreigner was running around frantically on the north bound lanes of Thepkrasattri Rd smashing the windows of passing vehicles that were forced to stop when he walked into their path.

He also stood in front of a truck, forcing the driver to stop in the middle of the road, blocking traffic and leaving only one lane open for motorists.

The incident happened in front of the Klua Muang Mai restaurant in Mai Khao said police.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/drunk-new-yorker-arrested-after-attacking-vehicles-in-phuket-59447.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-10-12

While in no way condoning the American's actions, I can't help noticing this guy wasn't behind the door when opportunity came knocking

Mr Wanlop said he slammed on his brakes suddenly, which destroyed the suspension and drive shaft of the truck.

What was he driving, a Tonka truck?

Why are the two pictures posted night and day? Was he doing this all night? This would be a better Thai-expat news story if he had had a red-white-and-blue mohawk, were naked and was hitting the cars windows with a large fish.

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Why are the two pictures posted night and day? Was he doing this all night? This would be a better Thai-expat news story if he had had a red-white-and-blue mohawk, were naked and was hitting the cars windows with a large fish.

Read the story - "Tha Chatchai Police Lt Thanom Thongpan said he received a call from a local resident at 5:30am"

2 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

While in no way condoning the American's actions, I can't help noticing this guy wasn't behind the door when opportunity came knocking

The lack of Thai maintenance may be partly to blame 

4 hours ago, Alive said:

I suspect the early photos about 05.00 where taken by locals, and the later daylight photos when the press eventually turned up.

1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

>> Mr Wanlop said he slammed on his brakes suddenly, which destroyed the suspension and drive shaft of the truck.

Somehow I think some porkie pies are involved in the above sentence.

Somehow I think Mr Wanlop was hoping to get a new suspension and drive shaft for his truck

4 hours ago, steelepulse said:

>> Mr Wanlop said he slammed on his brakes suddenly, which destroyed the suspension and drive shaft of the truck.

Somehow I think some porkie pies are involved in the above sentence.

Either that or the poor chap has to replace those items every time he drives..... 

22 hours ago, raphoedon said:

How is the level of damage reported possible by one drunk man on foot? You can't break a car window with bare hands. Something is missing here.

It is quite easy to smash a passenger window with your hand without injury to your hand I might add. That being said the story says he used a bottle.

22 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

The driver just admitted that his truck was not fit for the road didn't he?