What Going On WIth AIS? Are they folding up?

Canceraid

15 hours ago, bark said:

Top up cards are a waste of time and energy( Yours ). Get a phone plan for less then 500 baht per month.

I don't understand why people risk not being able to use a phone in emergency, because their phone is out of money !

not everyone can get a POST paid sim, i got one back in the 90's

u need a thai credit card or work permit.

15 hours ago, louse1953 said:

Why waste 450 baht a month.50 baht is all i need per month.If somebody wants me,they have my number.Not hard to check account total,and when they sms back makes me feel wanted.

No Friends ? Sorry for you.

On 10/13/2016 at 4:50 PM, bark said:

Top up cards are a waste of time and energy( Yours ). Get a phone plan for less then 500 baht per month.

I don't understand why people risk not being able to use a phone in emergency, because their phone is out of money !

Yeah cause setting up a post pay plan is the perfect solution for those that don't live here fulltime and such and easy task to undertake for those that do.

500 baht a month yer having a laugh, my 100 baht lasts me 3 months as all my chat business is done by texting on "line" free, text chat to my mate in the UK every day,  cost to me ZERO

Edited by mercman24

Just now, mercman24 said:

500 baht a month yer having a laugh, my 100 baht lasts me 3 months as all my chat business is done by texting on "line" free,

Some us use our phones for other things than ordering a short time on the line app

I guess it makes sense that AIS ended their relationship with 7-11 as a retail merchant. AIS pays retail merchants to represent them.

As has been highlighted, 7-11 and TrueMove H are part of the same conglomerate, and there are some negatives associated with driving your existing customers to a contact point where they might be exposed to the competition. 

I haven't seen a lot of news on this, but AIS has been updating their marketing to materials to reflect the existing top-up channels.

It seems like there is a Boonterm top-up machine outside every 7-11, so that remains an option for folks whose only option may be a nearby 7-11.

Edited by mtls2005

• 2 weeks later...

One-2-Call cards running out at 7-Elevens

MANY 7-Eleven convenience stores have run out of Advanced Info Service’s One-2-Call refill cards as the country’s largest cellular operator and CP All, the operator of 7-Eleven, have yet to reach agreement on their new revenue-sharing rate. 

Titipong Khiewpaisal, AIS senior vice president, said yesterday that CP All stopped ordering the prepaid cards early this month.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/corporate/30298371

Online banking, especially from mobile app is probably the quickest.  Kasikorn bank has 20 baht topups for AIS.  No additional fee.  AIS also takes one-time online topups via eService using a debit card.  The also launched a service where you can have recurring topups (monthly), auto-topups when your account balance falls below a certain amount, or on demand topups (Freedom Topup).

http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/prepaid-credit-card1-1.html

1469441942011.jpg

I have a pre-plan where you pay by the second for voice calls 1.2 satang/sec with VAT.  Saves a LOT of money over the minute round-up.   Why switch to post paid unless you need a billing statement?  They can get locked due to non-payment also.  Prepaid you are fine as long as you have validity.

There are some stories in the local press which cannot be linked. TrueMove and DTAC pay 6% commission to 7/11 (obviously TrueMove and 7/11 are part of CP), while AIS has had a long-standing agreement at 4%. They have balked at paying 6%, hence the stand-off and end of 7/11 as a sales channel for AIS. Normally the "authorities" (Junta/44 or NBTC) would step in as this does impact people whose only channel might be a nearby 7/11, but for now they are citing a lack of authority to interfere with commercial arrangements as their reasons.

Given how automated the process is now both 4% and 6% seem high; 3% is probably more in line with cost/profit?

22 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Top up plans are are a bad idea.   Any readon to get one if you're not atourist? I've had a monthly plan with the same number for 17 years.  Now only 400 baht a month  for hours of calls,  can pay online or 7/11.

Some people -- even long-term residents -- don't use nearly that much on their phones.  Friends of mine never reach B100/month of mobile phone charges.

I've been on post-paid for years even though I can go over a month with no outgoing calls or SMS.  I do it for the data plan for my smartphone's apps and as a mobile hot spot when traveling around Thailand.