Video: Ya Ba dealer arrested in sting at golf driving range

webfact

Video: Ya Ba dealer arrested in sting at golf driving range

pm2.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

BANGKOK: -- A Ya Ba dealer was arrested at a golf driving range in Sathupradit Soi 22 on Wednesday.

He was part of a gang called "Saklai" known to have operated in the area for some considerable time, reports Manager Online.

Police arranged to buy 4,000 pills from the Ubon born dealer called Chaicharn Chaisarn (or Not), 19, at the driving range car park yesterday afternoon. After the deal was made he was arrested as police swooped.

Also taken into custody was Marut Thaneekhun  (on Klong) 30, a Bangkok native.

They are part of a gang distributing drugs in the Suan Phlu area of Bangkok, police said. Some 4,000 red Ya Ba tablets were taken into evidence in the case.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-13

Not having to chase after ya ba dealers will be a load off for the police when the government makes it legal. Then they can concentrate on the heavy duty drugs likes shisha smoking and electronic cigarettes. This military administration has lost the plot.

Hmmm...simple enough .....BUT why is it they take down the little guy when it is the larger guys that would make a difference.

I know...I already know...but ......It would be interesting to hear all the reasons, valid or humorous,  as to why they do not follow the guy back to his sources and drug dealing accomplices and round them all up at once...like a bunch of cattle ....lol

Cheers

Why does taking a video become so difficult, unless there is something more to see.  Begins with a good steady hand, good focus and tells the whole story, until the end when all of a sudden camera goes showing trees, the inside of the car and at the end, a big old mud puddle. Some would say that the person had to rush out of the car or truck where they were filming, to go help. It was already 10 to 1.  Just keep the camera rolling. Otherwise, it leaves a lot of doubt about what was going to happen next. Maybe just an amature blooger who paniced. 

It seems for some people the police can't do anything right. They arrest a drug dealer and they get sneered at?

Most members of the so-called police in Thailand are lazy, incompetent and corrupt!!!
But in this case, although they may have missed the chance to catch higher ranking members of the gang, they did a pretty good job and thus deserve ovations ... not standing ones, ok. But ... Well done - this time.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, khunpin said:

Most members of the so-called police in Thailand are lazy, incompetent and corrupt!!!
But in this case, although they may have missed the chance to catch higher ranking members of the gang, they did a pretty good job and thus deserve ovations ... not standing ones, ok. But ... Well done - this time.

It's not over yet. They can still interrogate and perhaps deal with him to get information that will help them move up the chain. Or do you expect that they can simply follow him around for a while until he next meets his supplier?

It's not over yet. They can still interrogate and perhaps deal with him to get information that will help them move up the chain. Or do you expect that they can simply follow him around for a while until he next meets his supplier?

You're right.
But, yes. I expected that.

9 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Not having to chase after ya ba dealers will be a load off for the police when the government makes it legal. Then they can concentrate on the heavy duty drugs likes shisha smoking and electronic cigarettes. This military administration has lost the plot.

Is the government going to decriminalize ya ba or legalize it. Of course two totally different things. :whistling:

17 hours ago, khunpin said:

You're right.
But, yes. I expected that.

Successful long term surveillance of that sort (these guys aren't meeting suppliers every day) happens more on tv than in reality. Consumes resources, not easy to get it right, and just gets you to the next low link in the distribution chain. Can probably achieve more with interrogation and deal-making and in a shorter period of time, especially in Thailand where suspects presumably have fewer rights than in N America.

On 13/10/2016 at 0:45 PM, Brer Fox said:

making it free for all may spread the habit too far and wide in the society and make it difficult to handle thereafter.

shsiha  in original form only uses tobacco and is less harmful than cigarettes unless of course hard drugs are added in.

On 13/10/2016 at 4:04 PM, Navalator said:

One down, several thousands to go.  A good use of police resources.  Now send the suspect to the Philipines.  

well said but why bring in the Philipines in this equation. they have a right to do things their way.

On 13/10/2016 at 10:21 PM, fruitman said:

When something bad happens at a university they like to mention the name, why not mention which golf driving range it happened?

not of  serious relevance but yes they could have mentioned it after the operation was performed. maybe the golf range requested withholding the information in the interest of their members. it is not a good publicity for the members or the range.

On 13/10/2016 at 5:28 PM, gemguy said:

Hmmm...simple enough .....BUT why is it they take down the little guy when it is the larger guys that would make a difference.

I know...I already know...but ......It would be interesting to hear all the reasons, valid or humorous,  as to why they do not follow the guy back to his sources and drug dealing accomplices and round them all up at once...like a bunch of cattle ....lol

Cheers

gemguy this game is not that simple. the police will certainly investigate as to how far they can go to reach the network. the offenders' houses  may also yield some clues.

On 13/10/2016 at 7:01 PM, dotpoom said:

It seems for some people the police can't do anything right. They arrest a drug dealer and they get sneered at?

you can never please everybody. name me one who has. so take divergent views with a pinch of salt and move on.

On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 11:30 AM, sahibji said:

gemguy this game is not that simple. the police will certainly investigate as to how far they can go to reach the network. the offenders' houses  may also yield some clues.

In theory...but I doubt it...as in 99.9 percent doubt it.

As the police move up the drug trafficking chain they learn that their own police officers are involved and those officers did nothing but ignore the drug dealing going on while they simply extort money out of the drug dealers and pass the money up to the higher ranking officers.

They could put an end to the current drug trafficking members in their area but they do not as that would kill the cash flow for certain officers making money off the drug dealing.

They know who is who in their area and what is going on.

The arrest of a small time drug dealing courier is about as far as it ever goes while occasionally a larger drug trafficking participant is exposed but usually from erroneous or questionable circumstances rather than diligent police work resulting in the arrest of the local drug dealing King Pin, who everyone in the area knows of while they commonly flaunt their drug dealing wealth and influence....and consider themselves untouchable....because they are connected...to you know who.....so it comes full circle...as usual

Cheers 

On 10/13/2016 at 11:45 AM, Brer Fox said:

Ya ba is not going to be legalised, what you're referring to was just someone's daft suggestion, and arresting drug dealers is not losing the plot.

On 10/13/2016 at 4:28 PM, gemguy said:

Cheers

Same reason police forces all over the world can't only work that way, evidence.

7 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Ya ba is not going to be legalised, what you're referring to was just someone's daft suggestion, and arresting drug dealers is not losing the plot.

Took you a while to think that one up. Obviously you do not recognise creative cynicism when it stares you in the face. I will draw you a picture. My comment about ya ba was tongue in cheek to emphasise and compare the stupidity of the government making electronic cigarettes and shisha smoking illegal. 

On 10/13/2016 at 6:01 PM, dotpoom said:

I was think it's one of the Thaivisa rules that regardless of anything successful being reported police have to be denigrated.