Virtual Stalkers

ScotBkk

Because they stalk and get all stalky and stuff. That really gets my goat!

It sometimes galls me a little the aspect of someone's character being stripped or presented or perceived by others as their true 'public persona" yet don't have a clue who they're talking to with the usual jibes like -

Go back to your bar stool ....
If you can't afford to live here ....
Go back home if you don't like it ..,
<deleted> like that !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it weird people take the internet so seriously. You need a thicker skin if you are going to be on TV. If you can't grow a thicker skin you should get off your bar stool and go home!

Agreed
But you get so many Grumpy old Bastards that turn on their own kind thinking they've some kind of dominance and rights to undermine people, thus after they've obtained their amulets & Thai missus deep in the jungle out in the sticks battering away at the keys with disdain and toxic opinions if it differs from their views

In the snowflake world of today, we must pander to the weak and easily offended, folks can't deal with criticism or straight talk.

Also anonymity has the effect of creating huge virtual testicles. People who avoid confrontation in the real world finally have a place where they can be aggresive.

I don't get too bothered about any of it. None of you actually exist anyway

Edited by canuckamuck

In the snowflake world of today, we must pander to the weak and easily offended, folks can't deal with criticism or straight talk.

Also anonymity has the effect of creating huge virtual testicles. People who avoid confrontation in the real world finally have a place where they can be aggresive.

I don't get too bothered about any of it. None of you actually exist anyway

The tenacious grip some have on the weaker posters demoralising them from pillar to post has me suspecting it's some bare ar5ed pervert getting kicks out of creating furore, loving every like they get from other TV members that helps keep up their momentum!!!

IMG_3072.JPG.ed11af800e57ea87bb80b5f1bc2

I wholly suspect a minority of these Victor Meldrew types come over to Thailand and set up shop in their little remote village shack with their little savings, little pension, little wife, little dick, little phone then join thaivisa with a BIG EGO !!!

There certainly are some that exist just to expose any weakness or perceived shortcoming in other posters. But then again, publish your opinions and voila you will have critics. In some ways it is good for your character to learn how to either ignore them or reduce them to ashes.

There certainly are some that exist just to expose any weakness or perceived shortcoming in other posters. But then again, publish your opinions and voila you will have critics. In some ways it is good for your character to learn how to either ignore them or reduce them to ashes.

Yes
A flamethrower comes to mind !!!

Opinions are one thing, but when somebody comes on and offers some helpful information, either unsolicited or in answer to a question, I doubt they will ever try to be helpful again after they've been called an idiot, a liar or worse.

It's sad that people have to develop a thick skin to tolerate a visit to TVF, because a lot of thin skinned people have some really good info.  We as a community miss out on a lot when they're afraid to post.

Edit:  I shouldn't say "afraid to post".  It's more of a balance between the desire to be helpful, and the expectation of a troll response.  It's not fear so much.  It's just not worth the effort.

Edited by impulse

34 minutes ago, ScotBkk said:

I wholly suspect a minority of these Victor Meldrew types come over to Thailand and set up shop in their little remote village shack with their little savings, little pension, little wife, little dick, little phone then join thaivisa with a BIG EGO !!!

Is this some sort of pre-emptive stalking technique? Let's attack would be stalkers before they even get here?

10 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

In today's disposable society, the squeaky wheel ends up in the bin.  Labor's too expensive and the bearings are pre-lubed and sealed for life.  Though it may be a short life.

Edited by impulse

I hate to get philosophical here but can you really be a PURE stalker if you tell people you are one?
Surely you must hide in the shadows and not let anyone know you are there just by the true nature of stalking?

Let's not have a virtual breakdown. about this topic. We don't really need look to much into the definition. It's merrily to determine why a certain minority tend to take umbrage at mere opinions of others then feel the need to demoralise a fellow member rather than rationalise to causes that superficially seem reasonable enough to everyone else.