Where to Buy Solid Wood Furniture in Banchang / Rayong?

jacobsladder

Where can I buy reasonably priced reasonable quality solid wood furniture. Thai style (just not the stuff with big flowery carvings), Chinese reproductions, or modern. All things considered. Monkey wood, mango, red wood, teak, anything really. Currently thinking of hiring a van and going to Jatujak at the beginning of December. Any places a bit closer?

Thanks in advance.

The Chonburi buffalo racing starts this weekend, held in the centre of Chonburi city. Nearly every furniture manufacturer in Thailand will have a display stall. Decide what you want, place your order and the majority will deliver.

Nearly every event in Chonburi comes with a huge market setup around it. If you cannot make this one, the next will be Loi Kratong next month.

There is a new(ish) place in Ban Chang on the Burapahpat roard (bypass road) between Phala and Payoon road, as if you are travelling towards Payoon road junction, it is on your left about 100-150m before the traffic lights. Just before the last shop houses.

6 hours ago, johng said:

I read that the buffalo racing has been cancelled this year.

You may well be right, I don't go into the city very often so no idea what has been set up. The market side of it usually goes up more than a week before the event.

It was advertised in last weeks Pattaya News but the event itself may have been called off.

Archived