Best Place to Visit in Thailand

jamesronaldo

31 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

not sure what the OP is into. would be good to have a bit more info. i learnt a bit of thai when i first move here but i am learning quite a bit more as my son is talking more. he even translates for me now which has been quite a bonus.

Yes, I agree - w/o much information as to what the OP enjoys, it is very difficult to give specific recommendations... even age or travel experience would be helpful to know... 

Kids are definitely helpful in the learning process. Use whatever tools you can. 

Please don't go mad on learning a BIT of Thai . Ferangs with their awful Sawadicrap Alloymi, in 7/11make me cringe,and those awfull You Tubers are the worst Crapcooncraping all over Thailand.Yes learn by all means but don't use it to try and sound. Established ,you don't impress Thais with Holliday Spanish stuff . When you can speak fluent Thai they are so suppressed they miss what you say.25 years here and I'm still miffed with dialects

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yes, I agree - w/o much information as to what the OP enjoys, it is very difficult to give specific recommendations... even age or travel experience would be helpful to know... 

Kids are definitely helpful in the learning process. Use whatever tools you can. 

How true Kids are superb to learn everyday Thai from ,singing their songs too

3 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

why do you twist everything? go anywhere in the world you want, even if you dont speak the language. travel is the spice if life. dont expect to be able to mix with the locals of the tourist path unless you can speak the local language. look at your posts on other topics. mostly they are just you rubbishing other peoples opinions, which you say cant be wrong. put something interesting or relevant or move on.  now you are going to add  multiple BS posts adding nothing and then finish by quoting lines from dads army. 

Stalker try reading my post earlier in this thread before Mr bombastic stated his drivel

Edited by Deepinthailand

I agree that it is difficult to recommend anywhere without having any idea of what the op is in to doing, so here is what I did my first time here.

When I first came to Thailand I stayed on the khao san rd and after a couple of days I decided that I didn't want to go to the same places as a lot of the people there were going to, I simply opened the lonely planet guide and went to whatever page I opened it on, it was Nong Khai.

Back then I couldn't speak any thai so I went to the northern bus terminal and bought a ticket to Udon Thani as I for some reason couldn't get a ticket to Nong Khai, the journey was somewhat evenful as between Khon Khan and Udon we had an accident as the bus was playing chicken with a lorry nobody was hurt but the one side of the front window was smashed when we went of the road. After a short time we continued the journey to Udon then changed to Nong Khai.

I don't know what Nong Khai would be like now as this was before they even started to build the bridge, but I really liked it, I stayed at the Mutmee guesthouse and met a couple kiwi lads that I had met in Bangkok, we had a great time there and I stayed a week as I had met a local girl by then. I ended up taking her with me and we went to Loei and Chaing kaen before going to Chaing Mai, when it was time for me to go back to Bangkok for my flight she went back to Nong Khai .

Back then I really liked the issan and travelled a lot more around the area on my next couple of visits, to me it seemed I was getting a more cultural experience than what I would have got on one of the islands, the local people appeared to be friendlier as there wasn't a lot of tourists and I ended up drinking with local people a lot as they would just invite you into the homes to drink, eat and talk, by my third visit to Thailand I could speak quite a bit of thai and a bit of lao as I had learned a lot more as a lot of people didn't speak much English I was also a lot younger and could pick things up easier then.

These days I still like the issan and was in Ubon in February as the Mrs parents come from this area, but I also like to spend time in Koh Chang and the islands around there, we also found a place in January called Ban Grood in Pratcuap Kiri Khan province which we really liked, we were only going to spend a day or 2 there but ended up there a week and we will definitely go back there as it is our type of place, nice and relaxed with a beautiful beach and an impressive temple on the northern part of the beach.

I tend to stay away from places like Pattaya and Phuket as that is no longer my type of scene, but a lot of people coming to Thailand love these places so I suppose it is horses for courses.

Thailand has a lot to offer depending on what you want to do or see and I have had great times all over, it all comes down to yourself and what you want to do or see.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2016 at 11:00 AM, Ace of Pop said:

Please don't go mad on learning a BIT of Thai . Ferangs with their awful Sawadicrap Alloymi, in 7/11make me cringe,and those awfull You Tubers are the worst Crapcooncraping all over Thailand.Yes learn by all means but don't use it to try and sound. Established ,you don't impress Thais with Holliday Spanish stuff . When you can speak fluent Thai they are so suppressed they miss what you say.25 years here and I'm still miffed with dialects

Kaoph Khwunn Grarph.

On 10/18/2016 at 7:00 PM, zd1 said:

I agree that it is difficult to recommend anywhere without having any idea of what the op is in to doing, so here is what I did my first time here.

When I first came to Thailand I stayed on the khao san rd and after a couple of days I decided that I didn't want to go to the same places as a lot of the people there were going to, I simply opened the lonely planet guide and went to whatever page I opened it on, it was Nong Khai.

Back then I couldn't speak any thai so I went to the northern bus terminal and bought a ticket to Udon Thani as I for some reason couldn't get a ticket to Nong Khai, the journey was somewhat evenful as between Khon Khan and Udon we had an accident as the bus was playing chicken with a lorry nobody was hurt but the one side of the front window was smashed when we went of the road. After a short time we continued the journey to Udon then changed to Nong Khai.

I don't know what Nong Khai would be like now as this was before they even started to build the bridge, but I really liked it, I stayed at the Mutmee guesthouse and met a couple kiwi lads that I had met in Bangkok, we had a great time there and I stayed a week as I had met a local girl by then. I ended up taking her with me and we went to Loei and Chaing kaen before going to Chaing Mai, when it was time for me to go back to Bangkok for my flight she went back to Nong Khai .

Back then I really liked the issan and travelled a lot more around the area on my next couple of visits, to me it seemed I was getting a more cultural experience than what I would have got on one of the islands, the local people appeared to be friendlier as there wasn't a lot of tourists and I ended up drinking with local people a lot as they would just invite you into the homes to drink, eat and talk, by my third visit to Thailand I could speak quite a bit of thai and a bit of lao as I had learned a lot more as a lot of people didn't speak much English I was also a lot younger and could pick things up easier then.

These days I still like the issan and was in Ubon in February as the Mrs parents come from this area, but I also like to spend time in Koh Chang and the islands around there, we also found a place in January called Ban Grood in Pratcuap Kiri Khan province which we really liked, we were only going to spend a day or 2 there but ended up there a week and we will definitely go back there as it is our type of place, nice and relaxed with a beautiful beach and an impressive temple on the northern part of the beach.

I tend to stay away from places like Pattaya and Phuket as that is no longer my type of scene, but a lot of people coming to Thailand love these places so I suppose it is horses for courses.

Thailand has a lot to offer depending on what you want to do or see and I have had great times all over, it all comes down to yourself and what you want to do or see.

Alzheimer's a disease, so no worries, mate. 

we also found a place in January called Ban Grood in Pratcuap Kiri Khan province which we really liked,

The place is called Ban Krut, and sometimes spelled Bankrud. Prachuap Khiri Khan, yes, more precisely near Bangsaphan Noi. A nice fishermen resort village where you can try to catch some squid with them and bbq them afterwards.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Bankrut+Thailand&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=11351694,99563921,1113&tbm=lcl&ved=0ahUKEwilleWmo4zQAhWGFpQKHU6DDOMQtgMIHQ&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:2,lf_pqs:EAE

Even the trains stop at this little place. Really worth to visit. A Buddha on a little mountain and nice beaches. Good seafood and time means nothing.