1st class bus Pattaya -> Trat (Koh Kut)

mitebbots

All i can find is stand out on Sukhumvit road and wait for the bus from bkk? 

Is there a better way to do this?  any idea on minibus or shared transfer?

taxi might be a bit much, i would budget about 1500b one way?

I'd like to go this Thursday if i can figure a decent transfer. 

Wait for the bus if you want the actual, big, BKK buses that pass by otherwise from Pattaya it's all mini buses, they'll come collect you from hotel, etc

Some trips are fine, stop for petrol, off they go. Others involve stop-start, picking up more people, stop somewhere and others transfer from different mini bus, pot luck but Pattaya to Chang is really mini buses

Youre ill advised to do that-as there simply are none such buses, nor to Chantaburi for an easy onward change.

THats why: the 1ST CL (assuming you DO know what that means) buses run non-stop (barring refuel etc) BKK-destination, only letting people off beyond the terminus of another route.

Razzler is also right: most of the former decent 2nd cl buses (runing approx 6-8 times daily for your route) simply have ceased at all and are replace by those vans. There should be a few ones remaing (99 comp)-ONLY picking up at few points where one has to prebuy tix- along the newer Chonburi-Klaeng road.

Best advice is to use any of the prebooked (ANY hotel/placetostay in PTY will know) vans, doing borderruns/farang visits-one may expect to have a slightly better chance of non-speedo drivers. It will also cut the total travel time dramatically.

Taxi in PTY are of coruse non-meter-and they know idiot farang dont know price anyway-should be around 10/.12 bt/km. If wanting that, must also prebook.

• 10 months later...

I ended up on a minibus of course.

for Koh Kood they drop you at a gas station where you wait over an hour for a songthaew pick you up for transfer to the pier.  

as a single traveler that seems like the only reasonable option - about 900 baht.  

if 2 people splitting private transfer would be better at 3500b total.

I'll probably go Monday for a couple days.

• 2 months later...

Archived