non-o marriage visa from cambodia

I've seen reports that Laos gives marriage visas without too much hassle.  Does cambodia also give thai marriage visas?  I have a single entry non-o based on marriage issued in the US, and Jomtien is giving me trouble with my 1 year extension, so I'm trying to figure out my options.  I'd rather take the trip to Cambodia than Laos if that is an option.

tia

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife to give you more time to get the extension done or go out for a visa.

The embassy in Phnom Penh will only do a single entry non-o visa.

Savannakhet Laos will do a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage with no financial proof needed. Penang will do one if you can show 400k baht in the bank or proof of income.

Hi ubonjoe- I've been butting my head against this at Jomtien. I have another post about getting a marriage visa extension living in a hotel, and the hotel owner failed to provide a copy of his id card or tabien baan today as planned.  So I went to Jomtien to apply for a 60 day extension while waiting on the id card to come through, and they then required a separate form (I think TM 28) to have been filed by the hotel owner in order to get the 60 day extension.  They said the hotel owner himself had to come down to file this form, so I think I'm SOL, as this person isn't likely to go to Jomtien on my behalf.

My visa expires tomorrow, so I would like to go to Phnom Penh rather than Savvanakhet simply because I've never been and would like to visit.  I realize Phnom Penh is stricter than Savvanakhet for marriage visas.  I do have a proof of income letter from the embassy, but on the embassy website it doesn't mention anything about the embassy proof of income letter, only the 400k in the bank.  Can you confirm that the embassy income verification letter will work in Phnom Penh?

http://www.thaiembassy.org/phnompenh/en/information/6067

Thanks for all the valuable information you provide.

It does not matter where you go it will be a long wait to get the visa even if you could apply for one tomorrow. Monday is a holiday and the will be closed.

Not sure about anything for Phnom Penh. Unless you use an agent you have wait at least 3 days to get the visa.

Your hotel should of already registered your presence on line or by submitting a TM30 form. They can be fined for not doing it.

Not sure why immigration is saying the have to it person. Others have been allowed to submit the form. Perhaps download the form here. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf  And ask the hotel about submitting it or doing it yourself.

Your next best option might be to apply for a 7 day extension, pay 1900 baht and be given 7 days to leave the country.

I kinda think they'd still want the TM30 even for the 7 day extension, at least if i end up having to go back to the same IO.  She's been nothing but rude all 3 times I've seen her, she won't speak to me in English and always insists on speaking to my wife.  

I just realized the embassy site doesn't talk about 400k in a thai bank, just a 400k bank statement which I can provide, so hopefully things will go smoothly.  

Just to confirm, I got a single entry non-o based on marriage from PP yesterday.  I showed up with all the documents in the list above, with both an income affidavit and a US bank account showing over 400k.  The morning IO didn't take my money,  but told me to come back in the afternoon after he confirmed with his boss.  I came back in the afternoon, boss confirmed, I paid the $80 on friday and got the visa on tuesday.