Copies or Certified Copies for Visa Renewal at Savannakhet?

Upon what basis are you applying for a non-o visa?

Only one set of copies is needed.

The copies have to be signed to make them certified. For a non-o based upon marriage you wife has to sign the copies of her house book registry and ID card.

The basis of my Non O visa is to visit my Thai child. i have 3 years of that visa issued from Houston. her mother dies so I have a bit of a unique situation but I all the documents I need and court orders that give me parental rights.

What about address proof, I have a condo in Pattaya and I live in Korat with my Thai wife. the only proof of address is electric bills from Pattaya, my wife has her house book for out home in Korat. 

24 minutes ago, houstoniron said:

The basis of my Non O visa is to visit my Thai child. i have 3 years of that visa issued from Houston. her mother dies so I have a bit of a unique situation but I all the documents I need and court orders that give me parental rights.

What about address proof, I have a condo in Pattaya and I live in Korat with my Thai wife. the only proof of address is electric bills from Pattaya, my wife has her house book for out home in Korat. 

You may only get a single entry non-o in Savannakhet since they normally will only do them based upon marriage. It would be best if you applied based upon your current marriage. 

The will not ask for proof of address.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Upon what basis are you applying for a non-o visa?

Only one set of copies is needed.

The copies have to be signed to make them certified. For a non-o based upon marriage you wife has to sign the copies of her house book registry and ID card.

Hi Joe, sorry to hijack this post but I hope you can help. Up until about 5 years ago, I managed to get 3 x 1 year non immigrant O visas from the consulate in Hull and this was simply based on me having a GF here in Thailand. Things have been tightened up in Hull now so for the last 5 years I have been in and out on a 30 day visa exempt stamp, as my regular trips abroad for work allowed me to do this.

Now I want to get a non Immigrant O based on marriage and kids. I have a Thai wife and 2 kids living here in Chiang Mai . 

I was working in Ho Chi Minh before and tried to get the O visa there but they would only give me the 90 day single entry and told me if I was married and had the marriage certificate I could get the 1 years multiple entry.

We got married almost 3 months ago in the UK so now I have a UK marriage certificate but I believe I need to have the certificate legalised and translated to Thai to be accepted at any Thai consulate. Can you confirm this is required and also your suggestion for the easiest way forward to get my O visa whether it be in Vietnam or Savannakhet or wherever. I'm not bothered about the cost and I'd much rather fly somewhere regional than spend hours driving so I'm not looking for the cheapest option, but the easiest, hassle free one.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

A embassy or consulate will accept a marriage certificate in English or Thai. No need to have yours translated.

Savannakhet would be the best location to get the multiple entry non-o visa. No financial proof is required there.

You can fly domestic via Don Mueang  (DMK) to Mukdahan and cross over to Savannakhet. Or you can fly Lao Airways directly to Savannakhet from BKK.

You can also get a multiple entry non-o in Penang Malaysia if you can show 400k baht in the bank or proof of income.

I have seen no confirmed reports of a multiple entry non-o visa being issued at any other nearby embassy or consulate.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A embassy or consulate will accept a marriage certificate in English or Thai. No need to have yours translated.

Savannakhet would be the best location to get the multiple entry non-o visa. No financial proof is required there.

You can fly domestic via Don Mueang  (DMK) to Mukdahan and cross over to Savannakhet. Or you can fly Lao Airways directly to Savannakhet from BKK.

You can also get a multiple entry non-o in Penang Malaysia if you can show 400k baht in the bank or proof of income.

I have seen no confirmed reports of a multiple entry non-o visa being issued at any other nearby embassy or consulate.

Does the marriage certificate have to be legalised?

Thanks.

12 hours ago, ChiangmaiRob said:

Does the marriage certificate have to be legalised?

Thanks.

It does not need to be legalized to get a visa.

If you wanted to a apply for a one year extension of stay it would have to be legalized to register your marriage at an Amphoe to obtain a Kor Ror 22.  If you plan on doing that in the future it might be worthwhile to get the long entailed procedure required to have it done in the UK now.

Thanks for the replies guys. I know the certificate has to be legalised to register the marriage here and that's what I'm aiming for later but right now my priority is getting my O visa and from your replies it seems I don't need it legalised for that.

As I have friends in HCMC I want to catch up with, I'll fly down there and get it done and update you on the result ... hopefully successful.  :-)

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2016 at 7:37 AM, ubonjoe said:

It does not need to be legalized to get a visa.

If you wanted to a apply for a one year extension of stay it would have to be legalized to register your marriage at an Amphoe to obtain a Kor Ror 22.  If you plan on doing that in the future it might be worthwhile to get the long entailed procedure required to have it done in the UK now.

Just a quick update on the O visa .... I went to the consulate in Saigon and submitted the required documents (as per their own website) at 08:45 and was out of there before 09:00. Was told to collect the next day between 13:30 and 15:00 so went and got my passport back, complete with 1 year multi entry O visa, within 2 minutes.

I've never been to Savannakhet and I'm sure it's more convenient for many but as I know Saigon very well, and for sure it's a lot more fun than Savannakhet, I'd recommend Saigon for those who don't mind spending a few baht on an air fair (mine was 5800 baht return BKK to SGN) and who like to have a good night out.