New York police officer kills mentally ill woman

webfact

1 hour ago, Johpa said:

My bad combined with self correcting typo software attempting to guess my two finger intent. Meant "deadly weapon".

It actually depends on how far away you are from the bat and in what position the bat is being held.  

As with any potential weapon that depends on the physical  actions and reach of the person in possession of it (as opposed to a firearm),  you only need to keep your distance to minimize your danger. That of course, often will require you to back away, an action an aggressive person will not likely readily do.

TH 

10 hours ago, thaihome said:

It actually depends on how far away you are from the bat and in what position the bat is being held.  

As with any potential weapon that depends on the physical  actions and reach of the person in possession of it (as opposed to a firearm),  you only need to keep your distance to minimize your danger. That of course, often will require you to back away, an action an aggressive person will not likely readily do.

TH 

My point exactly, without a proper and detailed investigation we will not know whether the officer's actions were justified or not.   It upsets me when politicians and members of the public jump to conclusions and demand "justice" before the wheels of justice even begin to turn.