What Is The Cheapest Way to Get Around in Thailand?

Andrew C

2 hours ago, canarysun said:

Dear Viewer!

I would highly recommend to travel within Thailand by " TRAIN " it really is the only real way to travel and see the real Thailand! They are ridiculously cheap ( approx 10 baht per hour journey on a 3rd class Train ) Longer distances i would recommend the Express and Special Express Trains.You can also use these Trains within Bangkok for under 5 baht ( can you afford 5 baht viewers..? )

Trains are generally very safe, too.

4 hours ago, The manic said:

Cheap Charlie = Cheap Insult.

NO insult intended. Post was offered tongue in cheek. I guess you are devoid of the humour gene.

But, on a serious note, how can you factor in "an insult" ? Isn't walking the cheapest mode of transport ? Bet you are the life of any party.

For a tourist in Bangkok (or indeed for more long term residents) the long-tail boat service running along the canals from Pan-Fah (near Kao San) is a good additional option to buses, taxis, skytrain, etc. Picturesque, ridiculously cheap (10-20 baht, or something), and you miss the traffic. Service ends around 6pm though, and getting on and off can be a little challenging physically.

On 10/20/2016 at 7:37 PM, Andrew C said:

If so, what is the alternative?

3rd class train if you want to move around between cities. 

Chiang Mai to Bangkok is only 280 baht on 3rd class.  Day train , it takes around 12 hours. Perfect for any digital nomads earning $4 per day .  

Archived