Tourists warned after Thailand 'noodle poisoner paralysed travellers with muscle relaxant then stole cash'

webfact

Tourists warned after Thailand 'noodle poisoner paralysed travellers with muscle relaxant then stole cash'

BY KEYAN MILANIAN

nnn.jpg

Image: Mirror

Many Thais consider poisonings on buses in order to steal from travellers a real threat but it is considered an urban myth by others

BURIRAM: -- Police have arrested a man accused of poisoning a bus passenger 'with noodles' and stealing his cash and phone.

A video appears to show police officers questioning the man after he was thrown off the bus in Thailand .

Many Thais consider poisonings on buses in order to steal from travellers a real threat but it is considered an urban myth by others.

The process usually involves an unsuspecting bus or train passenger being offered food laced with poison that puts them into a deep sleep, allowing a thief to help themselves to valuables.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/tourist-warning-after-food-seller-9091904

-- Mirror 2016-10-21

This also was done to my friend and his wife in the bus, everything was stolen.

Another one was missing all valuables out of his suitcase which had ONLY been in the luggage-compartment in the bus.....there must have been a person in that compartment as well.

My wife and I were traveling by bus and had a large suit case in the compartment in the lower part of the bus.  The bus made a few stops and my wife got a feeling that she should watch the people departing the bus during the next stop.  One lady, about 35, was walking away with our suit case.  We were able to stop her and make the bus attendant retrieve our suit case.  No apologies from the lady just a feeble excuse that she thought it was hers.  We have never traveled by bus since unless it is a trip we can make with just carryon baggage.

16 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Is not happen only in LOS.

Riiiiight and this makes it less shocking. 

Typical deflection tactic. Doping your food to rob you? Thats some low-down chickenshit behavior right there. 

I can't stand a thief. Lowest of the low imho, but one that goes this far? God help them if I catch em. 

11 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Thank you for that piece of useless information

I am sure it will be a great comfort to all the victims

It is not information, it is a comment about the insecurity of tourists in distant lands. Anyone can understand that you can not trust strangers offering food on these trips.

1 minute ago, Tarteso said:

It is not information, it is a comment about the insecurity of tourists in distant lands. Anyone can understand that you can not trust strangers offering food on these trips.

What?

If I can't trust food on a bus trip then I aint going. 

What kind of nonsense makes this ok? Like, its the customers fault for "Eating Food"

Joker. 

13 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Now I understand, you are obviously well traveled and versed in the ways of the world 5555555555

Edited by oldlakey

8 minutes ago, Strange said:

What?

If I can't trust food on a bus trip then I aint going. 

What kind of nonsense makes this ok? Like, its the customers fault for "Eating Food"

Joker. 

Do you think really is the staff of the company who offers this  poisoned food?

Yes, I am a joker...sometimes.

9 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Whats the staff got to do with anything? Im talking about the chickenshits that doped food to rob people. Dont care who it is. You are defending it like its normal and we shouldn't be pissed. 

6 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Living, seeing in 3 continents for 40 years... yes

3 continents? Dude I been everywhere. Ill eat a chicken sandwich in Bagdad International Airport no problem. Quit defending this. 

1 minute ago, oldlakey said:

Listen, old cock I think you might be taking our little exchange a tad to seriously

Not listen... but Read. I mean with my post that this way of stealing is common around the world. Usually does not staff, but strangers offering you food.

Not listen... but Read. I mean with my post that this way of stealing is common around the world. Usually does not staff, but strangers offering you food.

No its not. What are you talking about? 

Doping food is not common. Where, the hell, is this common?

OK I concede defeat, I have struck my colours you can now board me and claim me as a prize

Have a nice weekend

3 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

OK I concede defeat, I have struck my colours you can now board me and claim me as a prize

Have a nice weekend

I am sorry I hurt your sensibility, I think there are parts of reason. Sorry. Have a nice week end too.

25 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

I do know that the buses to Surat Thani stop at the same busstop every time...The vendors (at night) know when the bus is coming and double the prices...only farang take those buses from Khao Sarn road but there are many buscompanies.

9 minutes ago, Strange said:

No its not. What are you talking about? 

Doping food is not common. Where, the hell, is this common?

Is not common but happen! Doping food and more common...doping drinks.

4 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Is not common but happen! Doping food and more common...doping drinks.

But you clearly state that its common, not only in LOS, but world wide. 

Its not. Not by a long shot. 

I'm fortunate that I've never been mickey finned, but I know a couple of people who have.

One out of Nana, drinking on his own, another two at Cheap Charlies.

But then here in the sandpit I have caught Arabs trying to slip rohypnol in girls' drinks.

It happens in the UK too.

And I know two BA crew who were befriended by a couple while off duty in the US and woke up bound in a ditch outside Dallas with sore orifices. That led to BA writing to every single member of cabin crew to warn them of the dangers.

Just use common sense, keep your wits about you, and don't take stuff from strangers.