Pregnant nurse tries her best to save Bangkok accident victim

webfact

Pregnant nurse tries her best to save Bangkok accident victim

p1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Our picture shows the dramatic moments as a nurse who was passing tries to save the victim of a road accident.

It emerged later that the good Samaritan that got out of her car in front of Lotus in the Wacharaphon area of Bangkok was in fact pregnant, reports Daily News.

Unfortunately her efforts were to no avail. When the men from the Poh Teck Tung foundation arrived to take over the CPR they found that the man was dead.

Witnesses told police that the lady said she was a nurse and after she had worked on the man for twenty minutes was asking someone to take over as she was pregnant and needed to rest. This was when help arrived.

The victim was named as Prasit Jitrachai,49, a security guard. He was riding a motorcycle and had collided with a Mazda 3 driven by 46 year old Pithaya Pan-aet who was waiting for police at the scene.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-21

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Isn't it typical, she was performing CPR for 20 MINUTES and had to ask for someone to take over - guess all the bystanders were far too busy with taking selfies to assist. 

No, it isn't typical, perhaps they were not trained in how to perform CPR, just like the vast majority of us. 

But could you explain anyway why an onlooker who could see that CPR was apparently being properly performed would interject with "here, let me have a go", CPR is not a party game for everyone to have a go at, you know?

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

No, it isn't typical, perhaps they were not trained in how to perform CPR, just like the vast majority of us. 

But could you explain anyway why an onlooker who could see that CPR was apparently being properly performed would interject with "here, let me have a go", CPR is not a party game for everyone to have a go at, you know?

If you have no training why comment on something you know nothing about. Any onlooker who could see that CPR was being properly applied would know to take over after awhile the rest the other person. 

1 hour ago, Sealbash said:

A good news story and you manage to make the first derogatory comment? Well done.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

A good news story, give us a break.

Edited by Artisi

hes  dead................i  wouldnt say  it was that  good

I am thinking he would also have died without the nurse. At least she tried. Perhaps our difference is that I find some good in the story of one human doing her best to help another human. You focus on the sad part; a likely outcome regardless of her help. At least she tried.

3 hours ago, gdgbb said:

No, it certainly isn't a party game, but it is very strenuous and 20 minutes doing it alone would tax anyone, especially a pregnant woman.  Very well done to this lady, a shame her efforts were not rewarded by saving the life of the man concerned. 

20 minutes of cpr, wow, coz it is very hard . You have to do it in a rate of 60/min and its exhausting !

Then even blow air in the lungs.

20 minutes thats real hard working specially for pregnant woman.

Respect for the woman !!

Twenty minutes, yes I would find it hard to last that long doing CPR.

CPR should be taught in schools, maybe a government incentive to employers to send employees for first aid training, maybe introduction of Red Cross or St John, or such like voluntary organisations to encourage and train citizens in first aid. 

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

She is nothing short of heroic.  

She was doing nothing that any decent person with the know-how would have done. but at least she tried, well done.

Going back many years I recall a discussion with some nurses, they had been advised not to get involved as if it went wrong it was their professional competence that would be questioned.    

Good on her!

But 20 minutes for this smallish Thai lady to do CPR by herself is too much.  Someone! Anyone! should have stepped in.  Even if they were not trained I'd be willing to bet a nickel that that good and decent nurse would have talked them through it.

Unfortunately the news report does not contain detail if anyone offered and she declined. I do not think we should automatically assume she is the only good person related to this story.

Having done CPR twice, part of my former job and yes I am trained, 20 min. by yourself is a hell of along time. I had to call over with one person, a drowning victim. Even though I had help, it was obvious that we could not revive the victim and we were all exhausted. Kudos to the lady for giving it a hell of a try!

10 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Jeez - that is twisted reasoning!

But, use of punctuation helps - a good, news story is different from a good news, story.

I apologize if the meaning of my post was confusing to you due to perceived punctuation errors.    But than you for your valuable contribution to this thread.