Thai research team discovers chemicals which can stop cancer from growing

rooster59

19 minutes ago, laislica said:

Please forgive me, I thought this thread was about:

Thai research team discovers chemicals which can stop cancer from growing

Has the thread drifted off topic? Perhaps you should open a new thread?

My interest in your data is that without the actual source and details of the criteria of the study, it's conclusions could be totally bogus.

You now add "The Centers for Disease Control, World Bank, US Census Bureau and Social Security Administration all show similar trends of increasing life expectancy."

However, this does nothing to provide any validity to your quoted graph.

The only thing you provide is a graph and no back up data.

I think we should get back on topic - this is nothing new at all (discovering a plant that can stop cancer from growing) - I don't know what all the fuss is about. This was known 100 years ago. I can provide proof of people being cured from cancer with natural substances way back then. I cannot reveal it on here though, at least I don't think I can without attracting the attention of the mods. I hope they will allow me to but until I find out the answer to this I'd better not!!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, lucky11 said:

I think we should get back on topic - this is nothing new at all (discovering a plant that can stop cancer from growing) - I don't know what all the fuss is about. This was known 100 years ago. I can provide proof of people being cured from cancer with natural substances way back then. I cannot reveal it on here though, at least I don't think I can without attracting the attention of the mods. I hope they will allow me to but until I find out the answer to this I'd better not!!

I think you can if it's not in the health forum. You could always PM Sheryl.

This thread is in the news forum:

Forum Home>News>Thailand News>Thai research team discovers chemicals which can stop cancer from growing

2. Quackery and Misinformation: Posters should pay particular attention to forum rule # 2) "You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false".

This will be strictly applied with respect to presentation as fact any statements which are clearly contrary to medical science. A distinction is made in this regard between statements of opinion/reports of personal experience and statements of fact.

Posters should be aware that factual misstatements abound on the internet and, to a lesser extent, in printed media. In particular, broad claims to the effect that "X number of (doctors/scientists)" agree to something or that something has been "proven in X number of studies" without specific citations are often fictitious. If a poster chooses to repeat such information as fact, the burden of ensuring these citations are reliable rest with the poster, who should take the time to verify this.

This rule will be particularly enforced when, in the judgment of the Moderators, the incorrect information presented is potentially harmful to others.

and

4. Posting/pinning of news articles: The forum is for members to seek advice on health/beauty related matters. it is not the place for general dissemination of news, research findings etc. Members are not to post news articles/research findings unless in the context of a discussion specific to a TV member's health/beauty related problem. .

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/224498-health-forum-rules/

7 minutes ago, laislica said:

I think you can if it's not in the health forum. You could always PM Sheryl.

This thread is in the news forum:

Forum Home>News>Thailand News>Thai research team discovers chemicals which can stop cancer from growing

2. Quackery and Misinformation: Posters should pay particular attention to forum rule # 2) "You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false".

This will be strictly applied with respect to presentation as fact any statements which are clearly contrary to medical science. A distinction is made in this regard between statements of opinion/reports of personal experience and statements of fact.

Posters should be aware that factual misstatements abound on the internet and, to a lesser extent, in printed media. In particular, broad claims to the effect that "X number of (doctors/scientists)" agree to something or that something has been "proven in X number of studies" without specific citations are often fictitious. If a poster chooses to repeat such information as fact, the burden of ensuring these citations are reliable rest with the poster, who should take the time to verify this.

This rule will be particularly enforced when, in the judgment of the Moderators, the incorrect information presented is potentially harmful to others.

and

4. Posting/pinning of news articles: The forum is for members to seek advice on health/beauty related matters. it is not the place for general dissemination of news, research findings etc. Members are not to post news articles/research findings unless in the context of a discussion specific to a TV member's health/beauty related problem. .

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/224498-health-forum-rules/

This is precisely why I cannot post on this subject - it's a shame because it is crucial information that could undoubtedly help someone. But, there you go, I shall just have to be concerned about my health and not others!! I am helping numerous people that main stream medicine has failed big time, in FB health groups. They understand what the medical industry is all about (like you probably do). Still, it's my gain and others loss, but that's the rules here and I must abide by them!! I have a list as long as your arm on natural cancer cures so I am not worried in the slightest if cancer strikes me down.

News for the skeptics westerners..... The US and Big Pharma are controlling research around the world...and the launching of every new medication that can affect their business.....

Cuba developed a medication since 2000 that cures Brain Cancer , used in China and Germany, and not licensed in the US.

Many cancer victims of surgery and chemo, are looking for solutions in China, Russia, and many "3rd world" countries, including Mexico, Cuba, Thailand, and Indonesia.

An important US Herbal Products Company is now researching a cancer medication made from a Thai Original Herb.

Many Thai medications, even the very cheap ones, and selling over the counter, are a lot more effective and safe than medications selling in the US for 10 times more, under big companies names, and by prescription.

20 hours ago, BKResort said:

News for the skeptics westerners..... The US and Big Pharma are controlling research around the world...and the launching of every new medication that can affect their business.....

Cuba developed a medication since 2000 that cures Brain Cancer , used in China and Germany, and not licensed in the US.

Many cancer victims of surgery and chemo, are looking for solutions in China, Russia, and many "3rd world" countries, including Mexico, Cuba, Thailand, and Indonesia.

An important US Herbal Products Company is now researching a cancer medication made from a Thai Original Herb.

Many Thai medications, even the very cheap ones, and selling over the counter, are a lot more effective and safe than medications selling in the US for 10 times more, under big companies names, and by prescription.

Ahhh!! someone else who understands what a racket the pharmaceutical industry (primarily in the US) is. It is a scandal of epic proportions, they have suppressed and criminally buried natural cures for virtually every disease in existence (including as you say cancer). They have jumped on anyone that threatens their evil monopoly and shut them down. One of the CEOs of a pharma giant actually came clean a short while ago in admitting "we are here to make money, not cure people". Not a single drug ever produced has cured anyone - FACT, because they are synthetic the body fights them every time they invade the body (hence the often horrendous side affects). I am one of the minority educated on this and I have personally cured every illness that has beset ME through natural means - and there has been plenty, including so called (incurable according to main stream doctors) ulcerative colitis. No doubt the 'quack accusers will surface' but I don't care as I am safe in the knowledge that I can fix myself!! NB; this is simply about my personal journey of ill health and I am making no claims for anyone else.

21 hours ago, BKResort said:

Proof of the power of natural herbs!! A true account of a wise and brilliant doctor that backed up his claims with the evidence given by 70 people cured of every disease he claimed he had a cure for!!

Back in the 1980’s, Dr. Sebi ran a variety of ads in newspapers like the New York Post, stating: “AIDS has been cured by the Usha Research Institute, and we specialize in cures for Sickle Cell, Lupus, Blindness, Herpes, Cancer and others.” The ad caught the eye of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the agency subsequently sued Dr. Sebi for false advertisement and practicing without a license. 

The judge presiding over the case requested that Dr. Sebi provide one witness for each disease he claimed to have cured. When he instead furnished 70 witnesses to support his argument — showing without a doubt that he did in truth heal all the diseases listed in the ad — the judge declared the doctor not guilty on all counts.

Even with his outstanding victory in court, along with testimonials from celebrities and a multitude of people cured by his method, Dr. Sebi’s protocol is still suppressed to this day.

On 22/10/2016 at 6:10 AM, aussieinthailand said:

So these guy's are a different research team from the ones that claimed the cure for Ebola virus?

And they have a little something to help resistance of H1N1.   Ahhhh LOS  the hub of everything...

But ok,  if it's true then great!!!  Then maybe 21million baht for more research for this instead of junket's too Hawaii for 38 people...!

A different one.  And I shouldn't knock the one who claimed the Ebola antibody, it passed its phase one trial which was enough for Oxford university to get on board for the phase two, which it failed this year, that's the thing with medical trials, they take time and what at first may look promising does not always work.  And if there is anything Thailand is truly a hub of then it is pharmacology.

7 hours ago, lucky11 said:

Ahhh!! someone else who understands what a racket the pharmaceutical industry (primarily in the US) is. It is a scandal of epic proportions, they have suppressed and criminally buried natural cures for virtually every disease in existence (including as you say cancer). They have jumped on anyone that threatens their evil monopoly and shut them down. One of the CEOs of a pharma giant actually came clean a short while ago in admitting "we are here to make money, not cure people". Not a single drug ever produced has cured anyone - FACT, because they are synthetic the body fights them every time they invade the body (hence the often horrendous side affects). I am one of the minority educated on this and I have personally cured every illness that has beset ME through natural means - and there has been plenty, including so called (incurable according to main stream doctors) ulcerative colitis. No doubt the 'quack accusers will surface' but I don't care as I am safe in the knowledge that I can fix myself!! NB; this is simply about my personal journey of ill health and I am making no claims for anyone else.

"Not a single drug ever produced has cured anyone - FACT,"

That is not a fact and it stands directly against your claim that you are making no claims for anyone else, you are clearly out to spread dangerous lies.  You say "hence the horrendous side effects", neglecting the very simple fact that there are hundreds of synthetic drugs that do not only cure people of ailments but also without horrendous side effects.  As for ulcerative colitis, there may be no known cure, but treatment can make symptoms unnoticeable, which raises the question, how do you know that you have cured it and not simply sent it into remission as could have been expected from the treatment by main stream doctors?

7 hours ago, lucky11 said:

Proof of the power of natural herbs!! A true account of a wise and brilliant doctor that backed up his claims with the evidence given by 70 people cured of every disease he claimed he had a cure for!!

Back in the 1980’s, Dr. Sebi ran a variety of ads in newspapers like the New York Post, stating: “AIDS has been cured by the Usha Research Institute, and we specialize in cures for Sickle Cell, Lupus, Blindness, Herpes, Cancer and others.” The ad caught the eye of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the agency subsequently sued Dr. Sebi for false advertisement and practicing without a license. 

The judge presiding over the case requested that Dr. Sebi provide one witness for each disease he claimed to have cured. When he instead furnished 70 witnesses to support his argument — showing without a doubt that he did in truth heal all the diseases listed in the ad — the judge declared the doctor not guilty on all counts.

Even with his outstanding victory in court, along with testimonials from celebrities and a multitude of people cured by his method, Dr. Sebi’s protocol is still suppressed to this day.

In that court case he did have plenty of witnesses claiming to have seen some improvement following his diet, however the reason he won in court was because the prosecution could not convince the jury that he had ever made a medical diagnosis, no diagnosis means no practicing medicine without a license, but then Consumer Fraud took him to trial a few years later and won and he was banned from claiming that his diet could cure anything.  As for the suppression of his protocol, how come you can just buy it on the internet then?  Doesn't seem very suppressed to me, they just aren't allowed to claim it does things they can't demonstrate, same rule for everyone, patient testimonies don't count for anything, we want scientific trials, thanks.

1 hour ago, Shawn0000 said:

In that court case he did have plenty of witnesses claiming to have seen some improvement following his diet, however the reason he won in court was because the prosecution could not convince the jury that he had ever made a medical diagnosis, no diagnosis means no practicing medicine without a license, but then Consumer Fraud took him to trial a few years later and won and he was banned from claiming that his diet could cure anything.  As for the suppression of his protocol, how come you can just buy it on the internet then?  Doesn't seem very suppressed to me, they just aren't allowed to claim it does things they can't demonstrate, same rule for everyone, patient testimonies don't count for anything, we want scientific trials, thanks.

So someone surviving stage 4 cancer is not as good as scientific trials?

A different one.  And I shouldn't knock the one who claimed the Ebola antibody, it passed its phase one trial which was enough for Oxford university to get on board for the phase two, which it failed this year, that's the thing with medical trials, they take time and what at first may look promising does not always work.  And if there is anything Thailand is truly a hub of then it is pharmacology.

This is totally made up. There has been no phase one or two trial of the Thai antibody, and Oxford University has no involvement.

You have just made up a spurious story for weird reasons of your own.

1 minute ago, partington said:

This is totally made up. There has been no phase one or two trial of the Thai antibody, and Oxford University has no involvement.

6 minutes ago, partington said:

This was published this year by the Mahidol-Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit.

http://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.1001997

20 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

This was published this year by the Mahidol-Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit.

http://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.1001997

This is absolutely NOTHING to do with the antibody that was developed at Siriraj!

It is not an antibody!

A small interfering RNA is ribonucleic acid that binds to RNA made by a pathogen and causes it to degrade. It has nothing to do with an antibody, which is a protein, a completely different kind of molecule, vastly bigger and made by the immune system.

You are confusing two completely unrelated projects and therapies that have nothing to do with each other.  (In addition the paper you cite has no Thai names on it and has no connection at all with Thailand.)

I apologise though for saying you "made it up". Clearly you are just confused about what you are reading and so mixed them up, so had no deliberate intent to be misleading.

Edited by partington
information added

"Not a single drug ever produced has cured anyone - FACT,"

That is not a fact and it stands directly against your claim that you are making no claims for anyone else, you are clearly out to spread dangerous lies.  You say "hence the horrendous side effects", neglecting the very simple fact that there are hundreds of synthetic drugs that do not only cure people of ailments but also without horrendous side effects.  As for ulcerative colitis, there may be no known cure, but treatment can make symptoms unnoticeable, which raises the question, how do you know that you have cured it and not simply sent it into remission as could have been expected from the treatment by main stream doctors?

Look, I had ulcerative colitis for 30 years - I cured it and have been problem free for 9 years now. I went for a colonoscopy 2 months ago, my colon is perfect!! Please tell me what synthetic drugs cure. All synthetic drugs create side affects as they are not recognised by the immune system and are attacked by it causing side affects. You will have to do your own research and have an open mind on the subject - you are so entrenched in your belief that I know you won't bother. You carry on relying on synthetic drugs and I will use my herbs and spices. I am not trying to convince you of anything and don't care what you think to be honest. I am not claiming anything, just disseminating what I have learnt and experienced in my empowering myself through education.

15 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

So someone surviving stage 4 cancer is not as good as scientific trials?

No, they could have survived for a reason other than the diet, obviously, and that is what science is all about, removing the variables so as to remove the possibility of doubt.  Stage 4 means it has spread away from the original tumor, it says nothing about the chance of survival anyway, plenty of people survive stage 4 cancers.

And why don't you mention how Sebi so publicly claimed to have cured Michael Jackson of addiction before he actually remained an addict and ended up dying of his drug abuse?

It is amazing how people are willing to dismiss the entire scientific community but will believe in a few testimonials they get via the internet for an uneducated person peddling the cure for everything.

12 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

No, they could have survived for a reason other than the diet, obviously, and that is what science is all about, removing the variables so as to remove the possibility of doubt.  Stage 4 means it has spread away from the original tumor, it says nothing about the chance of survival anyway, plenty of people survive stage 4 cancers.

And why don't you mention how Sebi so publicly claimed to have cured Michael Jackson of addiction before he actually remained an addict and ended up dying of his drug abuse?

It is amazing how people are willing to dismiss the entire scientific community but will believe in a few testimonials they get via the internet for an uneducated person peddling the cure for everything.

I'm not going to argue with you. You believe what you want and I'll believe what I know. OK, conversation over.

9 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

Look, I had ulcerative colitis for 30 years - I cured it and have been problem free for 9 years now. I went for a colonoscopy 2 months ago, my colon is perfect!! Please tell me what synthetic drugs cure. All synthetic drugs create side affects as they are not recognised by the immune system and are attacked by it causing side affects. You will have to do your own research and have an open mind on the subject - you are so entrenched in your belief that I know you won't bother. You carry on relying on synthetic drugs and I will use my herbs and spices. I am not trying to convince you of anything and don't care what you think to be honest. I am not claiming anything, just disseminating what I have learnt and experienced in my empowering myself through education.

Good for you that your colon is all better.

There are synthetic antibiotics that cure all sorts of infections without nasty side effects, for example.

You say you are not trying to convince me of anything nor are making any claims and are just disseminating what you have learned and experienced, but in truth you have tried to convince us all of your claim that synthetic drugs cannot cure anything, you are totally contradicting yourself.  I am sure you really do think you have learned something and there are some herbs that can help people but this should not put people off visiting their doctor and taking the medicines they prescribe, but saying that, no one in their right mind is going to just take the word of someone on the internet, oh hang on, is that what you did?

H202 Therapy
For instance (Amongst many) that pharmaceutical Big Boys hate to admit has wonderful benefits. Can't patent water and costs peanuts. !!!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, ScotBkk said:

H202 Therapy
For instance (Amongst many) that pharmaceutical Big Boys hate to admit has wonderful benefits. Can't patent water and costs peanuts. !!!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, I know of about 50 different approaches to curing cancer naturally, this is just one of them. No point in passing the info onto others as they have an insane belief that they can trust pharma indoctrinated doctors and oncologists treatments that maintain disease for profit!! Are you aware of how long cancer cures have been available? Getting on for a century, with one of the first being Rene Caisse's ESSIAC tea consisting of 4 herbs NB: it is crucial to include the whole of the sorrel plant including the roots when making the tea otherwise, according to Caisse it won't be as effective. Incredible story, incredible woman. NB: this is my belief and I am not trying to change people's opinions of how to best treat cancer and other disease. I would like to suggest that they do some good honest research on treating disease, but that is purely their decision as to whether they want to do this. I'm glad that I did!!  

On 10/22/2016 at 6:21 AM, NongKhaiKid said:

Another Thai scientific breakthrough that we'll never hear of again.

I think it's unfair how Thais are always portrayed as unintelligent and incapable of making discoveries. Thais are actually a smart race, much smarter than you think.

3 minutes ago, kimchibogan said:

I think it's unfair how Thais are always portrayed as unintelligent and incapable of making discoveries. Thais are actually a smart race, much smarter than you think.

To be honest, what they have done is not exactly groundbreaking and not particularly newsworthy, as much as they think and hope it is.

Edited by lucky11

1 minute ago, lucky11 said:

To be honest, what they have done is not exactly groundbreaking and not particularly newsworthy, as much as they think and hope it is.

True, I guess I was talking in a more normal sense. I have come across many people who look down on Thais and think they are stupid and have no logic.

9 minutes ago, kimchibogan said:

True, I guess I was talking in a more normal sense. I have come across many people who look down on Thais and think they are stupid and have no logic.

Yes, I know exactly your sentiments and wholeheartedly agree with you. I find them amazingly resourceful when it comes to problem solving. But discovering a plant that is effective against cancer is no big deal, as there are so many that go a lot further than this, to the ultimate conclusion (desired outcome) in fact!!

Edited by lucky11