May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

I guess this is more of what SgtRock and the Brexiteers refer to as "good news"

Every household will lose £1,250 a year because of Brexit, says Institute for Fiscal Studies

Is this a new use of the word "good" as in "bad"  in hip-talk means impressive so "good" presumably means "disastrous"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

They are of course not all uneducated ... but most people that would be classified as on the lower education rung voted Brexit, same scenario for Donald Trump. 

Anti-establishment vote leads to establishment Tory administration and pro-business (elites) Trump presidency. What happened to "lock her up" and "£350m per week to the NHS"? 

No they aren't - clever people can be stupid too.....you doidn't have to be racist either, but it would be nice to know why they voted for people who are overtly racist.

1 hour ago, SgtRock said:

Could you provide the source of who actually said '' Give the NHS £350m per week ?

The reason am I asking is I do not believe that it was ever said.

What I believe happened, is that some highly intelligent remoaners took one look at this

download.jpg

And decided it actually said '' Lets give the NHS £350m a week'' rather than what it actually says.

Are you suggesting that this was just an unfortunate placement of two independent statements that were not intended by their originator to be linked by the masses? If you actually believe that, then Grouse is cleared of all charges against him.

Boris Lies 1.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Are you suggesting that this was just an unfortunate placement of two independent statements that were not intended by their originator to be linked by the masses? If you actually believe that, then Grouse is cleared of all charges against him.

Boris Lies 1.png

Is your English comprehension so bad that you cannot understand

Could you provide the source of who actually said '' Give the NHS £350m per week ?

The bus being shouted from the rooftops. So Just for you once more

Here is the bus

download.jpg

Now, I do not know what schools you were educated at. That in no way  says '' Give the NHS a £350m a week ''

The power of suggestion.

Did you never  wonder why advertising agencies commanded such big fees and companies spend millions of £'s on advertising  ?

It works.

Edited by SgtRock

2 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

Is your English comprehension so bad that you cannot understand

The bus being shouted from the rooftops. So Just for you once more

Here is the bus

Now, I do not know what school you were educated at. That distinctly shows 2 individual sentences, and not one of them says '' Give the NHS a £350m a week ''

Are you trying a bit of transactional analysis on me or have you simply given up trying to make rational sense?

26 minutes ago, cumgranosalum said:

Every household will lose £1,250 a year because of Brexit, says Institute for Fiscal Studies

Is this a new use of the word "good" as in "bad"  in hip-talk means impressive so "good" presumably means "disastrous"?

.....and where are the "FACTS" ?

16 hours ago, cumgranosalum said:

You are not very good at this are you ?

Of course it is good news.

Over the past 7 months it has went from £4300 down to "£1250, a bonus in any language.

The Treasury has published an analysis (pdf) of the implications of Britain leaving the EU and concluded that the economy would be 6% smaller by 2030, costing each household £4,300. But how did the chancellor, George Osborne, come to this conclusion and do the numbers stack up?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/18/eu-referendum-reality-check-uk-households-worse-off-brexit

Perhaps you should consider sticking to something that you are actually any good at. Keeping quite and reverting back to your alter ego :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font in quoted content reset to normal.
  • Like 1

Teresa May is in for some tough talks before she even gets to brexit. Of course there are those that think Scotland has no say in the matter but once again it will be up to the courts to decide, not something that goes down very well with some.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-scottish-parliament-legal-right-block-article-50-a7438246.html

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

They are of course not all uneducated ... but most people that would be classified as on the lower education rung voted Brexit, same scenario for Donald Trump. 

Anti-establishment vote leads to establishment Tory administration and pro-business (elites) Trump presidency. What happened to "lock her up" and "£350m per week to the NHS"? 

Me thinks Sgt Rock is doing a bit of a Brostrich

18 minutes ago, sandyf said:

They will be available in five years time, as per the forecast.

I suppose in the meantime there are facts available to say what the facts in five years time will be.

Frankly, I've had a bellyfull of those "facts" that are forecasts from some think tank-or-other. They defy the law of averages, getting everything so hopelessly wrong these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I agree with you 100%.

Grouse does not have a sense of humour.

That is why he is on my ignore list and I only see his posts if somebody answers him. I dont bother to comment on most of them either as, to me, he is not worth bothering with.

I bailed on the Brexit threads a long time ago but will occasionally drop by if it appears that reinforcements are required :)

British Ambassador to Brazil to join Department for Exiting the EU

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/alok-sharma-the-future-of-uk-trade-after-brexit

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/department-for-international-trades-autumn-statement-settlement

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

The latest from Chairman Pat:

[/url]  

Wow if that is what most Brexiteers think like I can see some trouble ahead as I don't believe even the hardest Brexit will solve this poor man xenophobic view. When people like him realise after a while that nothing has changed... where do they go from there? Anarchy?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, SgtRock said:

What I believe happened, is that some highly intelligent remoaners took one look at this

download.jpg

And decided it actually said '' Lets give the NHS £350m a week'' rather than what it actually says.

How much extra funding has been announced for the NHS?

16 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

How much extra funding has been announced for the NHS?

That wasn't the question. The question was:

3 hours ago, SgtRock said:

As per this thread. I, personally,  do not believe the NHS needs extra funding

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/943256-brexit-and-fixing-the-nhs/

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

That wasn't the question. The question was:

"Let's give our NHS the £350m the EU takes every week" ... states the poster that Boris Johnson stands beside. 

... the fact that you even deny that the poster constitutes a promise to the voter says everything about you. There is simply no point in answering your questions when you ignore the answers ...this was the biggest lie from the Leave campaigners, and everyone knows it. 

34 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

"Let's give our NHS the £350m the EU takes every week" ... states the poster that Boris Johnson stands beside. 

... the fact that you even deny that the poster constitutes a promise to the voter says everything about you. There is simply no point in answering your questions when you ignore the answers ...this was the biggest lie from the Leave campaigners, and everyone knows it. 

download.jpg

Do you need help ?

35 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Can you point out where it says '' Lets give our NHS the £350m the EU takes every week ''

Now, if you think that the above says give £350m a week to the NHS. It says plenty about you.

I read that as exactly as it says on the tin. We send the EU £350m a week, lets fund the NHS instead. Nowhere does it say give the NHS £350m a week.

However, I do not even have a bone in this argument, because:

So you will have to explain by what you mean when you say:

45 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

... the fact that you even deny that the poster constitutes a promise to the voter says everything about you.

I do not see anything promising £350m a week to the NHS.

How people interpret the above slogan is down to them.

• Like 1

Household spending rose 0.7 percent from the second quarter and business investment increased 0.9 percent, the Office for National Statistics said on Friday. Growth overall was unrevised at 0.5 percent, with trade providing the strongest contribution. A separate report from the Confederation of British Industry showed retail sales grew at their fastest annual pace in more than a year in November.

Retail sales grew at the fastest annual pace in more than a year

Business Investment increased by 0.9%

The jump in business investment surprised economists, who had widely predicted a decline as the Brexit vote took its toll.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-25/u-k-economy-shows-no-sign-of-brexit-effect-as-spending-rises

I bet it did. 

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font in quoted content reset to normal.

10 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

I cannot decide if you are just being desperate and pathetic, or simply honest about the deceit and lies that the Brexit case was built on.

Anyway, so there is no doubt about the sheer cynicism of the Brexit camp and its complete lack of truth and substance, here, once again, is its chief clown showing off a banner that reads "Let's give our NHS the £350m the EU takes every week" - a slogan that was clear and unequivocal in its implication.

Boris Lies 1.png

17 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

download.jpg

Do you need help ?

Can you point out where it says '' Lets give our NHS the £350m the EU takes every week ''

Now, if you think that the above says give £350m a week to the NHS. It says plenty about you.

I read that as exactly as it says on the tin. We send the EU £350m a week, lets fund the NHS instead. Nowhere does it say give the NHS £350m a week.

However, I do not even have a bone in this argument, because:

So you will have to explain by what you mean when you say:

Why do you feel the need to misinterpret my answer? The poster that I was referring to was the one Boris Johnson stood beside ... very clearly indicating "let's give our NHS the £350m ... etc". Not the weasel words on the side of a bus ... although in my personal view that also indicated a promise to boost the weekly coffers of the NHS.

A lie is a lie ... not just the promise to fund the NHS, but the £350m itself was false ... unless of course you can show us all proof that £350m per week was actually sent to the EU? 

Nice try, but no cigar. 

On 23/11/2016 at 4:29 PM, AlexRich said:

David Davis wanted Brexit, Cameron did not. And I'll state again, Cameron had no choice but to resign ... him going was inevitable. He'd already stated he'd be gone by 2020. As for being outside the EU, I don't want to do okay, I want strong economic growth and trading, not the next two years of disappointing news flow as reality bites. 

Now its for those that wanted it to lead us to the land of milk and honey ... and its only just dawning on Davis that his pre-referendum beliefs about how easy this will all be are proving to be wrong. So a cabal of mediocre politicians will lead us through the most difficult period since the wars. Hooray! For England and St George!

"David Davis wanted Brexit, Cameron did not."  So what? Cameron stated that "come what may I will continue to lead the government". You seem to be suggesting that only numpties would believe such a statement from their prime minister.

"And I'll state again, Cameron had no choice but to resign ... him going was inevitable." Says you.

"He'd already stated he'd be gone by 2020."  Says Cameron. That's more like it - from the horse's mouth so to speak. OK... so shall we now agree that he had kept it a secret that he planned to resign after the referendum if it didn't go his way? In all your wisdom are you able to suggest a valid reason why he would do so? I'm thinking: a) he had surreptitiously placed a large bet on his own resignation with William Hill... or: B) he wanted to cause as many problems with Brexit as he could. 

"As for being outside the EU, I don't want to do okay," I think if you're going to quote Osborne you should have the decency to give him credit, or at least use quotation marks...

"Now its for those that wanted it to lead us to the land of milk and honey..." No, it's been dumped into the hands of those who wanted it by the person who offered it and who stated publicly that if it happened he would lead us through it... Big difference. But hey, don't let that stop you from presenting Cameron's disgraceful behaviour as an opportunity to criticize those that are doing their best to clean up his mess.

The British public was repeatedly told that how they voted in the referendum would probably be the biggest decision they would be faced with in their lifetime... and then you find out that the guys who were leading the charge for the Remain camp, who incidentally came to the referendum with a certain amount of credibility on account of the fact that they were also running the country at the time, had blatantly lied in order to influence the way you made the biggest decision in your lifetime...

But yeah, you're probably right. It must be the pro-Brexit crowd who are the numpties...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Not the weasel words on the side of a bus ... although in my personal view that also indicated a promise to boost the weekly coffers of the NHS.

More brilliance for the master twister.

All through the campaign, right up to the election it was ALL ABOUT THE BUS.

Yes, it does indicate that additional money should go to the NHS, what it does not do is promise £350m a week to the NHS.

And I will ask you once more, to produce an independent source, not a picture, of any politician being quoted as saying that the NHS would be given extra funding to the tune of £350m a week in the event of Brexit.

Edited by SgtRock

27 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I cannot decide if you are just being desperate and pathetic, or simply honest about the deceit and lies that the Brexit case was built on.

Anyway, so there is no doubt about the sheer cynicism of the Brexit camp and its complete lack of truth and substance, here, once again, is its chief clown showing off a banner that reads "Let's give our NHS the £350m the EU takes every week" - a slogan that was clear and unequivocal in its implication.

Boris Lies 1.png

Source and context of that picture please.

And an independent source source quoting a Politician saying the NHS would get an additional £350m a week.

Edited by SgtRock

25 minutes ago, jimmybkk said:

"David Davis wanted Brexit, Cameron did not."  So what? Cameron stated that "come what may I will continue to lead the government". You seem to be suggesting that only numpties would believe such a statement from their prime minister.

"And I'll state again, Cameron had no choice but to resign ... him going was inevitable." Says you.

"He'd already stated he'd be gone by 2020."  Says Cameron. That's more like it - from the horse's mouth so to speak. OK... so shall we now agree that he had kept it a secret that he planned to resign after the referendum if it didn't go his way? In all your wisdom are you able to suggest a valid reason why he would do so? I'm thinking: a) he had surreptitiously placed a large bet on his own resignation with William Hill... or: B) he wanted to cause as many problems with Brexit as he could. 

"As for being outside the EU, I don't want to do okay," I think if you're going to quote Osborne you should have the decency to give him credit, or at least use quotation marks...

"Now its for those that wanted it to lead us to the land of milk and honey..." No, it's been dumped into the hands of those who wanted it by the person who offered it and who stated publicly that if it happened he would lead us through it... Big difference. But hey, don't let that stop you from presenting Cameron's disgraceful behaviour as an opportunity to criticize those that are doing their best to clean up his mess.

The British public was repeatedly told that how they voted in the referendum would probably be the biggest decision they would be faced with in their lifetime... and then you find out that the guys who were leading the charge for the Remain camp, who incidentally came to the referendum with a certain amount of credibility on account of the fact that they were also running the country at the time, had blatantly lied in order to influence the way you made the biggest decision in your lifetime...

But yeah, you're probably right. It must be the pro-Brexit crowd who are the numpties...

Cameron had no choice but to publicly state he would stay, to say otherwise would change the vote into a referendum on his leadership ... but it was widely reported that his position would be untenable should he lose the vote, after campaigning hard for Remain. The only disgraceful thing he did was allow the referendum in the first place ... and allow a bunch of idiots to guide the country in the wrong direction, based on a pack of lies about EU funding and trading opportunities that await us ... a land of milk and honey.

Now let's see what the three idiots in charge of the fiasco come up with. During the campaign Davis was indicating that it would be an easy process, now he's discovering it is anything but ... more fun to come in 2017, as these guys get handed their <deleted> in the negotiations. Beware of what you wish for .. as you are soon to find out. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

10/10 for effort, Sarge.

If you don't have a source then it never happened ... perhaps it was photoshopped and poor Boris the serial liar and carpetbagger has been set up? 

To deny that the Boris pic does not constitute a promise to the voter is the action of a desperado with no credibility.

• Like 2