There Is A Lot Of Suicide In Thailand

fanciman

there is a lot here in singapore too.

i have lived here for around 11 years now and so far 4 people have jumped from buildings i was living in at the time.

the last guy to do it a couple of months back didnt even live in our block of flats.

and i might add that none of them even made the newspapers

Edited by goldenmile

I would be interested to know the suicide statistics for farang in Thailand.

There are quite a few farang who lose their life savings and choose to die. Plus there are quite a few who 'jump', but were they pushed?

Among Thai's, there seems to be a kind of reckless sudden depression, or sometimes a pique of melodramatic madness that can trigger a suicide attempt.

Among other Thai's there is the doom of debt or H.I.V. or poverty or even 'loss of face' which results in suicide.

Since living in Pattaya, Thailand, I am more aware of suicide attempts and suicide deaths.

There are quite a few farang who lose their life savings and choose to die. Plus there are quite a few who 'jump', but were they pushed?

I think the 'push theory' has grown into partial (I say partial as there have been a handful of cases of Thais pushing Thais over balconies and getting arrested afterwards... so it HAS happened) wishful thinking by foreigners who want to distance themselves from similar 'fates.' If you need to get rid of anyone here, nothing beats the anonymous knife or gunman. Way down the list is the 'push your significant other (and why don't you order a neon sign that says # 1 suspect as well while you're at it) over the balconey' game plan.

:o

Edited by Heng

Thread closed as its in breach of the forum rules...

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

I know this will push one or two of you over the edge, but please dont jump!