Anyway I could make money while staying in Thailand ?

Dave Ramsey

I keep on telling everyone that cares to listen.

Join...The...Peace Corp....lol

https://www.peacecorps.gov/thailand/

Seriously though.........You may not make any money ..but all your expenses will be taken care of and one thing leads to another as I would easily surmise you can meet plenty of the "right people" that will help you secure work in some way or another.

An adventure in the making.

Cheers

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gemguy said:

I keep on telling everyone that cares to listen.

Join...The...Peace Corp....lol

https://www.peacecorps.gov/thailand/

Seriously though.........You may not make any money ..but all your expenses will be taken care of and one thing leads to another as I would easily surmise you can meet plenty of the "right people" that will help you secure work in some way or another.

An adventure in the making.

Cheers

:clap2::partytime2:

HaHaHaa.jpg

4 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Interesting that a newbie asking a reasonable question can be dragged through the coals without let or hindrance, but if someone were to comment on a poster's use of English, for example using "anyway" instead of "any way," the person making the comment would probably be blasted for being a heavy handed member of the Grammar Police. 

Teach online. Use a VPN.

On 10/24/2016 at 9:27 PM, cornishcarlos said:

No visa required to work and companies love to employ foreigners on short contracts at higher wages.

You'll have no worries....

I know of several CEO Positions and one Brian Surgeon spot, that are available right now.

Only qualification in all cases is that you are a FOREIGNER.

In all instances, the potential employers are willing to fly you here and back home, First Class and accommodate you in a Five Star Hotel, provide you with a car and driver etc., etc, so forth and so on.

Would you like the contact details? 

On 10/25/2016 at 9:51 AM, Saastrajaa said:

Keep in mind, OP, that a lot of the responses to your post here, are, as the Brits like to say in their quaint, often incomprehensible version of English, "taking the piss"...that means they're being <deleted> and mocking you to your face.

Not to his face. As usual from the safety of the keyboard. Just being absolute tossers but expected when get a stupid question like the OP.

On 25/10/2016 at 8:51 AM, Saastrajaa said:

Keep in mind, OP, that a lot of the responses to your post here, are, as the Brits like to say in their quaint, often incomprehensible version of English, "taking the piss"...that means they're being <deleted> and mocking you to your face.

That's very observant of you glad us Brit can enlighten the rest of you minions ?

2 hours ago, callaway said:

Not to his face. As usual from the safety of the keyboard. Just being absolute tossers but expected when get a stupid question like the OP.

Didn't you realise the op was a wind up troll post to start. So you can expect non serious answers. And the same about keyboard and absolute *********could be said for yourself.

OP many ways of making money here. Non legal but that's of little significance here. Word in shell like don't bother asking on here !!!!!!!!

Edited by Deepinthailand

Of course it's our language that was loaned out and bastardised by others - think aliminum as aluminium is too hard for others to say.

When people tell me I have an English accent, my retort is that as I'm English I don't have an accent.

Just now, freebyrd said:

Of course it's our language that was loaned out and bastardised by others - think aliminum as aluminium is too hard for others to say.

When people tell me I have an English accent, my retort is that as I'm English I don't have an accent.

Aluminum is what Humphry Davy named the element he discovered. For some reason the British decided to change it, whilst the Americans stuck with the original name. 

10 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Aluminum is what Humphry Davy named the element he discovered. For some reason the British decided to change it, whilst the Americans stuck with the original name. 

In fact: Sir Humphry made a bit of a mess of naming this new element, at first spelling it alumium (this was in 1807) then changing it to aluminum, and finally settling on aluminium in 1812. ... The spelling in –um continued in occasional use in Britain for a while, though that in –ium soon predominated.Dec 16, 2000

So it was he that changed the name, not 'The British'. Apparently Americans like to keep everything simple.

Edited by freebyrd
incomplete

3 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Stay on topic please guys, this is a serious thread... As you can tell by the number of additional questions the OP has posed !!

Oh come on - we were discussing the work of one of the greatest Cornishmen in history! Surely you can cut us a little slack?

" often incomprehensible version of English,"

Yes, true ENGLISH is often incomprehensible to Americans who can not speak, read or write it. 

3 minutes ago, hugh2121 said:

" often incomprehensible version of English,"

Yes, true ENGLISH is often incomprehensible to Americans who can not speak, read or write it. 

Funny, but I have no problem understanding spoken American, in movies or TV shows, yet nearly all the English shows require subtitles for me to understand. Why is that? The English either mumble badly, have unintelligible accents, or speak with a mouth full of marbles.

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Funny, but I have no problem understanding spoken American, in movies or TV shows, yet nearly all the English shows require subtitles for me to understand. Why is that? The English either mumble badly, have unintelligible accents, or speak with a mouth full of marbles.

How do you get on with Rab C Nesbitt ??

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Because you're unused to English accents, whereas you're familiar with American ones?

10 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Because you're unused to English accents, whereas you're familiar with American ones?

No, because I find that the Americans tend to speak more clearly than the English, accent or not. I also find that Americans are far more articulate than the English.

Edited by giddyup

Just now, SoiBiker said:

But that's because you're used to their accent. 

I lived in the UK for many years, watched an equal number of British TV shows/movies to American, the Yanks just speak more clearly to my ears.

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I lived in the UK for many years, watched an equal number of British TV shows/movies to American, the Yanks just speak more clearly to my ears.

That's because British TV is a realistic representation of life in various parts of the country, whereas US shows revolve around a bar, coffee shop or police station in New York :)

Just now, cornishcarlos said:

That's because British TV is a realistic representation of life in various parts of the country, whereas US shows revolve around a bar, coffee shop or police station in New York :)

Then realistically, the British don't speak very clearly. Not every US movie is set in the places you mention, and even a movie like Fargo, where the actors speak with a Minnesotan accent, or something from the Deep South, I have no problem understanding, but hear a Cockney, Somerset or Liverpuddlian accent, and they might as well be speaking Greek.

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Then realistically, the British don't speak very clearly. Not every US movie is set in the places you mention, and even a movie like Fargo, where the actors speak with a Minnesotan accent, or something from the Deep South, I have no problem understanding, but hear a Cockney, Somerset or Liverpuddlian accent, and they might as well be speaking Greek.

Yes. Because you're not used to their accents.