Trump took $17 million in insurance for damage few remember

webfact

5 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

Tax returns tell you nothing except how much tax you paid and your charitable donations.

Hogwash!  The 1040 tax report tells far more than just taxes paid or donations.  Perhaps you have only filled out a 1040A (simplified individual tax return) or have never had to fill out a schedule C (sole proprietorship business) or a schedule D (capital gains). Charitable donations might be listed on the itemized deduction schedule A form.

32 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

Only someone with a bulletproof agreement would start law suits, and win them as Trump does, because if the agreement isn't bulletproof no one would waste money on a lawsuit.

Because you have a strong agreement doesn't mean the counterparty always pays up out of free will.

You mean like the time he sued a law firm for racketeering after they won a lawsuit against him when he illegally tried to evict tenants?

1 hour ago, Anthony5 said:

When I read the OP the only thing I can say is , Trump for president, because it clearly a guy who know about business.

Does anyone really think the insurance company would have paid $17 million if they could get out of it?

Clearly this guy knows what he's doing, and knows how to make bullet proof agreements, which are the qualities a POTUS needs.

Yes, he is a great businessman......wait a minute, didn't he lose a billion dollars in one year.......Ops. LOSER.

4 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

I bet you wished you could lose a billion dollars.

Yes, I wish. And so would Trump. What he did was lose a billion dollars of other people's money, and claim the losses for himself for tax reasons. 

Trump is a fraud. Plain and simple. 

2 hours ago, Anthony5 said:

I bet you wished you could lose a billion dollars.

So does Donald Trump.

Donald values his brand according to his feelings on a particular day according to his feeling on the day

http://fortune.com/2016/03/03/trump-net-worth/

Some people just want to be taken in by scam artists.

13 hours ago, Anthony5 said:

Only someone with a bulletproof agreement would start law suits, and win them as Trump does, because if the agreement isn't bulletproof no one would waste money on a lawsuit.

Because you have a strong agreement doesn't mean the counterparty always pays up out of free will.

He doesn't win many of his lawsuits, he is now under investigation for using his charity's funds to pay for settlements for some of his lawsuits. Which is HIGHLY illegal!!

Many of his other lawsuits are filed just as threats to shut people up as most do not have the resources to fight this con mans lawyers. Just as Trump is threatening to sue all the ladies that will speak out about his sexually predatory assaults on them.

No different than the outdated defamation laws in this country.

The ignorance of Trump supporters is mind boggling. 

Too stupid to look at the facts because it's so easy to believe a bogus story line!!!

2 minutes ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

He doesn't win many of his lawsuits, he is now under investigation for using his charity's funds to pay for settlements for some of his lawsuits. Which is HIGHLY illegal!!

Many of his other lawsuits are filed just as threats to shut people up as most do not have the resources to fight this con mans lawyers. Just as Trump is threatening to sue all the ladies that will speak out about his sexually predatory assaults on them.

No different than the outdated defamation laws in this country.

The ignorance of Trump supporters is mind boggling. 

Too stupid to look at the facts because it's so easy to believe a bogus story line!!!

The ignorance of the Trump supporters you dare to say, when quoting that the Trump charity is under investigation, while at the same time ignoring that the Clinton foundation is also under investigation for a much longer time already.

Pot, kettle, black

14 hours ago, Anthony5 said:

The ignorance of the Trump supporters you dare to say, when quoting that the Trump charity is under investigation, while at the same time ignoring that the Clinton foundation is also under investigation for a much longer time already.

Pot, kettle, black

No Pot, no kettle.

I am not a hillary supporter, I am not American.  I am just stating facts about a psycho that has no business running for president.  The fact that you and so many others can't see him for what he is, is frightening.  But but but hillary did this, Bill did that. Get a grip!!!

On 10/25/2016 at 11:23 AM, webfact said:

Once, Trump's neighbors hired lawyers to report suspicions that he improperly let guests sleep in poolside cabanas during a wedding.

We can see here how respected he is by his wealthy peers!!

On 25/10/2016 at 5:46 AM, Andaman Al said:

Wow!

Trump should have stayed in his own little world. Much of what would have remained uncovered will now come to the surface, and much of what is appearing has the potential to be federal crimes. His house of crds is going to tumble - then he will blame it on Hillary! He is going to need that TV Station for income soon, I wonder if he can run it from behind bars. If anyone is looking likely to go to prison it is Trump.

Reminds me of certain Thai tycoon who decided he wanted to rule his country, now in exile.

$17Million is peanuts to a guy who deals in billion, given insurance companies themselves often make big profits, why would a guy like him insure for and basically be paying them a big commission when he could easily self-insure?

Answer is he would not unless he was sure to profit from it.

Fact is people from the very poor to the filthy rich put in bogus claims to their insurance companies. I recall a story from many many years ago about an accident, where a piece of coal fell out of fire on to the rug, when the insurance guy can for his 2/6 (half a crown) on Friday night he was shown the rug and the insurance paid, then said rug was passed from house to house over the following weeks as more claims were made...

Darwin , in northern Australia, was pretty well flattened by a monster cyclone in the late 1970s. Fewer than 100 houses left standing, as I recall.  The amazing thing was that no-one had realised just how sophisticated and cultured the  mostly-demolished town's population in this outback, cattle town actually was.  Insurance companies paid out on family claims that included hundreds of grand pianos (among other wildly grand outback cultural treasures) without complaint during the heady emotional months following the disaster that had struck this most genteel of wild west towns.

Is anything really surprising about this guy who will siphon off cash from every venture and treat every bank account as his personal piggy bank? The news today is that he told duped his supporters into believing that he was going to now put $100 million of his own money into the campaign, but in fact has only put in about $31,000 new dollars, obviously an accounting move of some sort.

Moreover, the bulk of the $56 million in total he has put into his campaign is structured as a loan ($44 million), so that you can bet he will strip out as much money as he can recoup, then take a tax loss on the remaining loan, while simultaneously stiffing as many vendors as possible, then immediately suing them into submission.

Meanwhile, he will view the entire venture as the greatest PR stunt of all time, that allowed him to start his media empire or whatever.

What a guy. What a hero. what a scumbag.

Edited by keemapoot
add stuff

The reality of uncovering things is the liberals and rightwingers won't do anything to stop the abuse or get justice for the past crimes. Politicians aren't like they used to be. Today's politicians are sellouts for $$$, fun and opportunities on every level. They won't do anything about Trump or anyone else because they might be next. The US government and all those who shake the hands of its congressmen and other empowered soulless beings are just pigs, evil people. Purge! Purge! Revolution! Well, it would be nice. Nothing ever changes. Ever.