I compared the same order at the two:

From Mumbai's Great Punjab restaurant:

1 x Chicken Kadai

1 x Kashmiri Dum Aloo

1 x Roti

Total including delivery to Victory Monument area:

FoodByPhone 535b

ChefsXP          440b

That's more than 20% more for FBP over CXP. What gives?

Edited by The Dancer

Be careful ordering from FoodByPhone

I used them for several years, then suddenly a few years back they started to spam me.

Are you hungry?

Special price this and that!

Even though I went through the trouble to UNSUBSCRIBE to their stupid e-mails SEVERAL TIMES they just kept on coming. Haven't used them for a very long time now, and I will never use them again

4 hours ago, smokie36 said:

I order from foodpanda and never have any issue.

I just checked and foodpanda and FoodByPhone websites are laid out exactly same except they have a different selection of restaurants. But Mumbai's Great Punjab is with both with exact same prices.

My problem is not with the service. Both FBP and CXP are good. But FBP being 20% more expensive for the same order is nuts. And I am guessing this isn't just an anomaly with this one restaurant.

I would call it a ripoff if I had no choice but I do and I know what it's going to be in future.

ChefsXP is priced right (no markups it is) and the delivery is quick. But the phone op is amateurish.

Wed. night I called just before 10pm and asked to order from Mumbai's Great Punjab. The guy says hold on, let me check if it's open and comes back and says no. I say that just a couple of days ago I successfully ordered from MGP a little after 10pm through FBP. The guys says ok let me check again. I can hear the call he makes - an automated voice tells him the number doesn't exist. I tell the guy that he's got the wrong number obviously and that I can give him the number if he wants. He says to me to hold on again. Now, he dials the right number and I can hear him speaking to the restaurant. Anyway, finally I get my curry fix.

Tonight I called CXP to order from Sunrise. The guy takes my order, tells me it'll take an hour and hangs up. Hey, tell me the total with delivery before you let me go! No problems at the end of it though as my burrito arrives in 30mins and the delivery charge is minimal.

CXP has its heart in the right place but they need to get their act together.