Patient killed as emergency ambulance hit by pickup

webfact

Patient killed as emergency ambulance hit by pickup
By The Nation

SURAT THANI: -- An emergency patient was killed and three people injured when an ambulance from Surat Thani Hospital was struck by a hit-and-run pickup truck on Tuesday night.

The accident happened at the Bang Yai intersection in Surat Thani as the ambulance rushed 30-year-old Anucha Noosuntia, who had been injured in an earlier accident in Tambon Khun Talay, to the hospital.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30298475

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-27

I hope they manage to find the pickup and CCTV images.

I am amazed at how people ignore emergency vehicles here carrying on as if they weren't there or sneaking in behind them to try and take advantage of them speeding/jumping lights etc.

But then I've heard rumors that emergency vehicles also use the siren and lights when it's time to go off shift or to lunch.

RIP the unlucky lady.

Nurses get well soon

5 hours ago, seahorse said:

Two accidents in one day! That must be some kind of record. It shows just how dangerous Thailand's roads are.

The only thing what is been proven here is that when your time on this planet is up you have to go no mather what.

54 minutes ago, Foexie said:

The only thing what is been proven here is that when your time on this planet is up you have to go no mather what.

If I thought this was true I would live life with total reckless abandon. Perhaps killing you in a high speed crash that would have been predetermined whether I did this or not. It can't be both ways.

5 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

After 10 years, I'm still shocked at the way vehicles make little (or no) attempt to get out of the way of ambulances here :sad:.

Do they never think 'one day it could be me needing immediate emergency help in an ambulance'?

That would require rational thinking. Something that seems to be in short supply.

8 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

After 10 years, I'm still shocked at the way vehicles make little (or no) attempt to get out of the way of ambulances here :sad:.

Do they never think 'one day it could be me needing immediate emergency help in an ambulance'?

I agree with you, but I no longer pray for miracles...

On 10/27/2016 at 9:23 AM, Keesters said:

I hope they manage to find the pickup and CCTV images.

I am amazed at how people ignore emergency vehicles here carrying on as if they weren't there or sneaking in behind them to try and take advantage of them speeding/jumping lights etc.

But then I've heard rumors that emergency vehicles also use the siren and lights when it's time to go off shift or to lunch.

RIP the unlucky lady.

Nurses get well soon

I always do my best to get out of their way but ambulances always seem to have their sirens on.  I suspect just to get to their som tum quickly.

What's 'hilarious' about reading about somebody who died in a horrific accident???

This Canceraid poster seems to really enjoy reports of people being killed in road collisions.
He or she is a strange one for sure.