Doing business ranking falls: World Bank

geovalin

Cambodia had another poor showing in the World Bank’s annual Doing Business report. The Kingdom ranks 131 out of 190 countries this year, dropping four places in the index in what economists said was an indication that the country was struggling to keep up with the pace of reforms in more advanced economies.

New Zealand and Singapore occupied the top two spots of the global ranking report released yesterday, which measures the business regulatory environment worldwide. Malaysia and Thailand ranked 23 and 46 respectively, while Laos came in slightly lower than Cambodia at 139, and Myanmar occupied the last spot in the region at 170.

The data show that starting a business remains a challenge in Cambodia, with the Kingdom ranking 180 – the worst in the region – in the category due to onerous startup procedures. The report said the average time to complete all the steps necessary to start a legal business had grown to 99 days on average, 12 more than needed a year ago.

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/doing-business-ranking-falls-world-bank

phnom_penh_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phenom Pen Post 27/10

No, no, no, this cannot be true.

According to some posters, when compared to Thailand, Cambodia is the promised land.  Easier to enter, longer term, cheaper visas, easier to do business, better people etc., etc., etc.

No, no, no, I just cannot accept this report.  It's got to be lies, I tell you.  All lies!

Ah, but wait, perhaps Vietnam is the promised land . . .

50 minutes ago, Stray said:

No, no, no, this cannot be true.

According to some posters, when compared to Thailand, Cambodia is the promised land.  Easier to enter, longer term, cheaper visas, easier to do business, better people etc., etc., etc.

No, no, no, I just cannot accept this report.  It's got to be lies, I tell you.  All lies!

Ah, but wait, perhaps Vietnam is the promised land . . .

One should never trust government numbers so pick a number. Cambodia must be the promised land the PM there just had his salary tripled before the next election. This is rather the reverse of buying votes unlike Mayalasia where the PM (who is a thief in my books) just gave 1.6 billion to the poor in the new budget (new budgets being the handout of goodies just prior to an election call) just before (I am predicting) calling a snap election. He already as the votes of the rich in his hip pocket. Amazing how he can stand tall when the rest of the world knows him for what he is. Just another shining example of the new breed of scumbag politicians emerging around the globe.