Thai mum took a meat cleaver to her own daughter, say police

webfact

Thai mum took a meat cleaver to her own daughter, say police

p2.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A hunt is on for a Pathum Thani woman who took a meat cleaver to her own six year old daughter at their Lam Lukka home.

The little girl called Fahmai was found with slash wounds to the neck at her home on the second floor of a townhouse on Wednesday, reports Sanook.

Police said that they suspect the mother,called Somlak, 32, committed the murder. She was wearing jeans and a long sleeved sky blue top.

She has disappeared.

Police said that the mother is suffering from mental health problems and that medicine from Lam Lukka Hospital was found at the scene.

The body of Fahmai was taken to hospital by Poh Teck Tung medics as the hunt for the mother began.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-27

8 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Can we draw the conclusion that the medicine wasn't effective? Psy hospital staff did a poor job evaluating the danger she posed to society? Will this case get the proper third party review necessary to deem what went wrong and how to minimize future errors?

Its like the boat sinkings the leak will be plugged medication increased and its back to operation normal if there is such a thing. The flavor of the month soon fades only to be replaced by another one. Its the circle of life here in Thailand much like the ebb and flow of the oceans. 

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Its like the boat sinkings the leak will be plugged medication increased and its back to operation normal if there is such a thing. The flavor of the month soon fades only to be replaced by another one. Its the circle of life here in Thailand much like the ebb and flow of the oceans. 

Better if you not comment. Life of 6 year old seems to not matter to you. Sad.

2 minutes ago, bark said:

Better if you not comment. Life of 6 year old seems to not matter to you. Sad.

You read my comment the wrong way Corrigan. The life of a six year old does matter. I am stressing that they will change the woman's medication and life will as usual go on. Your bark is worse than your bite.

3 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

You read my comment the wrong way Corrigan. The life of a six year old does matter. I am stressing that they will change the woman's medication and life will as usual go on. Your bark is worse than your bite.

Too late to be forgiven.  You took one step closer to the very hot place after you die.

Sorry for you. 

Exacerbated by belief that mental health issues are "family secrets" to be ashamed of.  Certainly not specific to Thailand, but the sooner all health issues are accepted as equally important AND the stigma is removed, this will continue to happen.  Very sad, indeed.  Lives lost, families broken... ???

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Can we draw the conclusion that the medicine wasn't effective? Psy hospital staff did a poor job evaluating the danger she posed to society? Will this case get the proper third party review necessary to deem what went wrong and how to minimize future errors?

In answer to your reply:

You can draw any conclusion you like... the post states only that medication was found at the home..
it doesn't mean the medication failed
maybe the in-correct dose was taken
maybe she failed to take the medicine!!

Stop guessing!!

...another cop out....

....stop giving scum the opportunity to 'explain themselves'.....or 'excuse themselves'....or 'apologize'.....

....stop disgracing humanity....and glorifying and excusing selfish sociopaths....

On 10/27/2016 at 2:10 PM, cardinalblue said:

So Sad,poor little girl...R.I.P.

9 minutes ago, ableguy said:

Such juvenile comments, grow up.

So I guess you are Ok, with the fact that this so called Mother did this.

If this is what a grown up person( whatever your age ) thinks.

Then I am happy to be called a juvenile.

Hope you enjoy the Heat.