Land clearing

chrisandsu

We own a building plot in rayong it's not very big (200 sq wah) it's fenced and backs up to a small development , when we left last year there was just a few small trees starting to sprout up (eucalyptus) well we have just been told it now has 30 large trees !! Being that it's close to the development and these trees are not very stable I need to get them

cleared ..... does anyone know of any land clearing people around the ban Chang area ? What do you think the cost would be to clear the land ? And lastly what can I do to stop trees from growing on the land ?  

Any local group can do it on a day rate. Scratch and burn is something they have down to a science. Wont cost much.

As for the trees themselves, if you can find the "Charcoal" guy in town he will chop the tree down for free if he can have the tree to make charcoal. But he will leave the stump and probably like 1.5' sticking up. 

Dont know an effective way to keep them from growing other than chemicals. In this climate its going to be pretty hard to keep greenery from growing if your not there to keep it in check. 

5 minutes ago, Strange said:

Any local group can do it on a day rate. Scratch and burn is something they have down to a science. Wont cost much.

As for the trees themselves, if you can find the "Charcoal" guy in town he will chop the tree down for free if he can have the tree to make charcoal. But he will leave the stump and probably like 1.5' sticking up. 

Dont know an effective way to keep them from growing other than chemicals. In this climate its going to be pretty hard to keep greenery from growing if your not there to keep it in check. 

I appreciate that , I was quoted 20000 baht by one person which I think is pretty steep for not a lot of work . Problem is I'm not there until next month so trying to get a general feel for what I'm in for ??

35 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

I appreciate that , I was quoted 20000 baht by one person which I think is pretty steep for not a lot of work . Problem is I'm not there until next month so trying to get a general feel for what I'm in for ??

yeah 20k is steep. 

Id wait until you get here, get wifey to ask around with the family or locals and find a group to pay on day rate. Farmer types with machetes. Should be able to get a group for 300 baht a day each. Couple days/ a weeks work. 4-5 thousand baht. They might even want to keep the trees for a discount. This is the cheap way. Might take a bit to arrange some guys but they will come. 

Fast way is just to pay the 15k - 20k baht cause they will likely drop what they are doing and run to your place for the job, and still keep the trees. 

imho I always get guys on day rate. I never pay for an all in job unless I need it 911 right now. 

13 minutes ago, Strange said:

yeah 20k is steep. 

Id wait until you get here, get wifey to ask around with the family or locals and find a group to pay on day rate. Farmer types with machetes. Should be able to get a group for 300 baht a day each. Couple days/ a weeks work. 4-5 thousand baht. They might even want to keep the trees for a discount. This is the cheap way. Might take a bit to arrange some guys but they will come. 

Fast way is just to pay the 15k - 20k baht cause they will likely drop what they are doing and run to your place for the job, and still keep the trees. 

imho I always get guys on day rate. I never pay for an all in job unless I need it 911 right now. 

Hahahah that reminds me I had the machete type farmer attempt to clear it before , he told me if I bought him a bottle of whiskey he'd clear it ...... I think the only thing he cleared was the bottle lol strangely enough I never see him

again ? The wife's family is up in bangkok so I guess I may just have to float around Ban Chang trying to find someone that will do it . Thanks again 

36 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Hahahah that reminds me I had the machete type farmer attempt to clear it before , he told me if I bought him a bottle of whiskey he'd clear it ...... I think the only thing he cleared was the bottle lol strangely enough I never see him

again ? The wife's family is up in bangkok so I guess I may just have to float around Ban Chang trying to find someone that will do it . Thanks again 

Lol 

Hey I just noticed your location, you might have to pay more down there. That 300 baht a day rate is out here in Isaan. Its a standard rate but over there, you will probably have to pay more to get them to come out. Dont get frustrated if nobody wants to come for 300/day. 

Anyway yep just poke around and see what you can get. IF wifey isn't gonna be there, then you might have a hard time finding cheap labor. 

Archived