the best pizza of my life

logon1

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

Chicago pizza, as mentioned earlier, can be cut into squares, but their crust is thick enough to support the concept; Dukes is decidedly not. 

Thin-crust pizza

220px-Chicago_thin_crust_pizza.jpg

Chicago-style party-cut thin-crust pizza

There is also a style of thin-crust pizza found in Chicago and throughout the rest of the Midwest. The crust is thin and firm enough to have a noticeable crunch, unlike a New York-style pizza. This pizza is cut into squares, also known as party cut or tavern cut,[11] as opposed to a pie cut into wedges. Aurelios is a chain which specializes in this kind of pizza. Casa Bianca,[12] located in the Eagle Rock section of Los Angeles, is also well known for this style of thin-crusted Chicago bar pizza

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago-style_pizza

Edited by Ulysses G.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best Scicilian style I've ever had was the big rectangle..and they were bona-fide Sicilians....Ciro's.  Also remember Ellio's Frozen pizza...came in rectangles...been around at least 50 years..but still better than a soggy mess.  My mom was making pizzas with her panasonic bread machine, and using a pan with about 800 little holes in the bottom....very nice NY style.

6 hours ago, anotheruser said:

It seems to in Thailand. I assume you can make restaurant quality pizza right?

I miss Pattaya , at least you can find a decent Italian pizza in many places there, and the owners are Italians. And not too expensive.   All we are left with in CM is Dukes if you want something decent. 

Well that just confirms you know Sweet <deleted> All about Pizza if you think Dukes is the best Pizza of Your life 

Maybe you have never eaten Pizza before if so I can understand if not 

GET OUT AND TRY OTHER PLACES Dukes are way down the list 

58 minutes ago, balo said:

I miss Pattaya , at least you can find a decent Italian pizza in many places there, and the owners are Italians. And not too expensive.   All we are left with in CM is Dukes if you want something decent. 

Rubbish there are multiple Italian Pizza makers in Cm and they make a mean Pizza which blows Dukes away with their soggy crap pizza anyone who thinks that is the best or even a decent pizza dont know pizza 

47 minutes ago, DiamondKing said:

Rubbish there are multiple Italian Pizza makers in Cm and they make a mean Pizza which blows Dukes away with their soggy crap pizza anyone who thinks that is the best or even a decent pizza dont know pizza 

I'm pretty new in town so maybe you can mention some of the best Italian pizzerias here. Is it possible to find a good big size pizza under 300 baht ?   

Pizza from certain Naples pizzerias or an establishment sanctioned by Associazione Verace Pizza napoletana  would give rise to claim of "best pizza".

Thailand currently has only one member, Peppina, branches in Bangkok and Hua Hin, sadly not in Chiang Mai.

All else, is like trying to pass off a Louis Vuitton from the Night Bazaar as being a genuine luxury designer accessory.

Edited by Paul Catton

3 hours ago, jonwilly said:

My Thai friends prefer Yummy's 18 inch pizza.

Doesn't last long.

john

thumb_thumb_PA030001_1024_1024.jpg

Had the Yummy  "Meat Lovers"  today at lunch, as good as ever, seemed to be even more topping than usual and more than enough to take home for this evening.

33 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Had the Yummy  "Meat Lovers"  today at lunch, as good as ever, seemed to be even more topping than usual and more than enough to take home for this evening.

mustard & ketchup /////why

17 minutes ago, logon1 said:

mustard & ketchup /////why

No idea what you are talking about, unless you are referring to the picture posted by somebody else which shows various condiments that they have a choice of using or not.

Is that what you mean?

Usually, I order pizza from Duke's when we order other items for a Duke's home delivery.  Hubby likes to snack on cold pizza from the refrigerator.  It always comes sliced in wedges, not squares.  Maybe Duke's has different slicing patterns for home delivered pizza vs. in-store pizza.  

I can't remember the last time I dined on a Duke's pizza in the restaurant.  Even when we order one in the restaurant, it's for take-home after our meal, so perhaps they're doing the "take-away" slicing technique with it.  

Went to Dukes this evening as my kid has been asking for days now to go there for pizza. We ordered a 1/2 Italian sausage and mushrooms and 1/2 BBQ chicken pizza. Have to say it really was superb. I noticed a distinct change for the better in the crust. It was thicker and firmer and cooked more than usual on the bottom and was piping hot. Just from what I saw and read on FB, I'll take a guess there may have been a shake up in the kitchen. And as usual, it was cut square. I will agree at this point with NancyL that on orders to eat at the restaurant it is cut square and on "glaab baan" orders they cut it the traditional style. That makes sense now - I think.

I happened to notice an order of about 25 (or more) large pizzas being carried out by staff, so obviously they are still very popular. I'll definitely try the bar that scored 1st place on the FB pizza competition, but most of the places recommended on forums, to me, are not as good as the Dukes. There are a couple of places that do a nice Margherita pizza, but for American style pizza with a variety of choices as toppings Dukes is No.1.

On 10/27/2016 at 8:22 PM, rogeroc said:

Although i dislike the decor of the place and it is usually nearly empty (i suspect because of the decor) the pizza in Flight 52 at the moat end of the Loi Kroh is pretty good

An odd place that place .

Waitresses dressed as flight attendants .

Armchairs  , far too many packed in their  for such a small place .

Theres really no connection between Pizzas and aeroplanes, the concept just doesnt work

And flight food is hardly a selling point .

A Pizza place there could work, just their concept doesnt .

I will stick to Mad Dog for a Pizza

On 10/27/2016 at 9:50 PM, anotheruser said:

I will stick with what I said. We have nevr cut pizza into squares for children in the USA and we are the ones that invented pizza that is relevant in anyway to modern times. Good day Sir.

Pizza was invented by Italians