1 year extension based on thai child

Hello,

I currently have a 1 year multi non imm O from penang based on visiting my children in Thailand

I would like to change this to a 1 year extension of stay at my  local immigration, I have 400K in a Thai bank and all birth certs, ex wife i.d card, house book etc

Is there anything else I would need?  I hear it takes 1 month to process this but I prefer this than going to Penang again

Thanks in advance

Were you married to the child's mother when they were born?

• You will also need a copy of the child's house book, copies of your passport; ID, visa, entry stamp, and a copy of the departure card.
  • They may want a TM.30 form completed by the owner/house-master of the address you live at, if it hasn't already been submitted.
  • They will put the application under consideration for 30 days, but that is just formality.

As @elvajero implied, the main thing to be careful of is that, even if you are the father on the birth certificate, to apply for an extension, you may need to be formally legitimized as the parent if you were not married to the child's mother at the time of the birth.

I have another question but about the same topic. I used to get 1 year extension based on being the legal father of a Thai child but it always seems that it was important that I live together with my child and his mother in a relationship. What happens in case I quit with the mother and  the child but the child. The child will spend around 50/50 with mother and father? Can you still get an yearly extension for this?

5 minutes ago, SoFarAndNear said:

I have another question but about the same topic. I used to get 1 year extension based on being the legal father of a Thai child but it always seems that it was important that I live together with my child and his mother in a relationship. What happens in case I quit with the mother and  the child but the child. The child will spend around 50/50 with mother and father? Can you still get an yearly extension for this?

There is no requirement that you live with the child full time, although an office might impose such a requirement.

2 minutes ago, elviajero said:

There is no requirement that you live with the child full time, although an office might impose such a requirement.

Ok, definetly requirement in Udon Thani. Photos with me child and mother sitting together in bed room and in front of the house was demanded.

12 minutes ago, SoFarAndNear said:

Ok, definetly requirement in Udon Thani. Photos with me child and mother sitting together in bed room and in front of the house was demanded.

Udon seem to be a law unto themselves.