Overseas payment over the phone using a BB Credit or Debit Card

I would appreciate if anyone could please advise if a Bangkok Bank debit or credit card can be used to make an overseas payment over the phone from Thailand?

I notice there are only three numbers printed on the back of the Bangkok bank cards I have contrary to the 6 figures written on the back of my overseas cards. The payments I make abroad over the phone usually require I give the last three numbers printed on the back of my overseas card.

I've never tried a card-not-present phone transaction with my Thai cards but I see no reason why a Visa or Mastercard branded CREDIT card should not work.

I have Thai Amex, Mastercard and Visa cards, all work just like their Western counterparts everywhere I've used them (except India where many places will only accept India issued cards, but they're a law unto themselves).

The DEBIT card may be different, I've had varying degrees of success with online transactions despite the Be1st card being Visa branded.

I suspect the only real way to find out if your cards will do the business is to try it :(

I have a Bangkok Bank Visa card and when I applied they offered me a few different cards , they asked whether I wanted to use the card abroad and I said that I didnt , so I choose another card .

So, some BB cards work abroad and others do not . 

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I have a Bangkok Bank Visa card and when I applied they offered me a few different cards , they asked whether I wanted to use the card abroad and I said that I didnt , so I choose another card .

So, some BB cards work abroad and others do not . 

They tell you some BB Visa cant use abroad? You sure? Can you tell us what kind card is it?

I guess they just give you card more usability  for Thailand. some bonus etc, but its not mean some  BB visa cant  be used  abroad.

Just now, ardokano said:

They tell you some BB Visa cant use abroad? You sure? Can you tell us what kind card is it?

I guess they just give you card more usability  for Thailand. some bonus etc, but its not mean some  BB visa cant  be used  abroad.

Yes, 100 %

I have a be1st BB Visa card with Plus written on the back .

Mine is just a basic card , put money in and take it out .

My card was either free or 100 Baht .

If I wanted a upgraded account, it would have cost 700 odd baht (I dont remember the exact costs) 

I asked what the difference between the two accounts were and they told me that I could use the expensive card abroad and the cheaper card, I couldnt use abroad .

I could also use the more expensive card in any ATM machine in Thailand for free , but the cheaper card I could only use BB ATM machines and if I used other banks ATM machines, I would have to pay 30 baht per withdrawal

27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, 100 %

I have a be1st BB Visa card with Plus written on the back .

Mine is just a basic card , put money in and take it out .

My card was either free or 100 Baht .

If I wanted a upgraded account, it would have cost 700 odd baht (I dont remember the exact costs) 

I asked what the difference between the two accounts were and they told me that I could use the expensive card abroad and the cheaper card, I couldnt use abroad .

I could also use the more expensive card in any ATM machine in Thailand for free , but the cheaper card I could only use BB ATM machines and if I used other banks ATM machines, I would have to pay 30 baht per withdrawal

I am use debit  be1st BB visa 100B cost

use in many country with out any problem.

May be you wrong understand?

about any ATM its funny. ask you branch what is card? it be be bestseller for many my friend.. 

PS

just few day go to BB branch.

They say not any more debit visa. Now its union pay..

f...k China come

10 minutes ago, ardokano said:

I am use debit  be1st BB visa 100B cost

use in many country with out any problem.

May be you wrong understand?

about any ATM its funny. ask you branch what is card? it be be bestseller for many my friend.. 

PS

just few day go to BB branch.

They say not any more debit visa. Now its union pay..

f...k China come

I ve never tried to use my card abroad , maybe I can , but BB told me that I couldnt .

None BB ATMs also charge me 30 Baht per withdrawal 

Just now, sanemax said:

I ve never tried to use my card abroad , maybe I can , but BB told me that I couldnt .

None BB ATMs also charge me 30 Baht per withdrawal 

I can tell you even BB ATMs charge you 10 B if  in another province.

PS

You can prohibit the use abroad your card. Or use online.

12 hours ago, ardokano said:

I can tell you even BB ATMs charge you 10 B if  in another province.

PS

You can prohibit the use abroad your card. Or use online.

I have new ish union pay BB card (due to me losing my origional one well truth be told not lost but left in ATM Forgot to collect it back in a rush) anyway got new card all free very good service noticed union pay on it no visa sign. needed to pay a bill in UK used old debit visa before no problem. rang company gave them card details sailed through no problems at all. plus there more secure 6 digit pin. never been charged any bht for using my BB card in BB ATM in another province. Have been charged for withdrawing money in another branch at counter.

Edited by Deepinthailand

55 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

I have new ish union pay BB card (due to me losing my origional one well truth be told not lost but left in ATM Forgot to collect it back in a rush) anyway got new card all free very good service noticed union pay on it no visa sign. needed to pay a bill in UK used old debit visa before no problem. rang company gave them card details sailed through no problems at all. plus there more secure 6 digit pin. never been charged any bht for using my BB card in BB ATM in another province. Have been charged for withdrawing money in another branch at counter.

Not charged for use in another province with Union pay? because Visa BB sure charged. and it can see in month statement or online banking.

23 minutes ago, ardokano said:

Not charged for use in another province with Union pay? because Visa BB sure charged. and it can see in month statement or online banking.

If I use my cars at bangkok ATM nationwide I do not get charged. I f I go into another branch and draw out money I get charged 10 bht I belive it was. queried this with my branch was told same as I've just said .I know this is the case as I have withdrawn over the last two weeks in several ATM's in diffrent provinces and looked at my account online and only money withdrawn has left account.

8 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

If I use my cars at bangkok ATM nationwide I do not get charged. I f I go into another branch and draw out money I get charged 10 bht I belive it was. queried this with my branch was told same as I've just said .I know this is the case as I have withdrawn over the last two weeks in several ATM's in diffrent provinces and looked at my account online and only money withdrawn has left account.

Visa debit card?

26 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

I use my new bangkok bank be 1 card which is the new union pay thing however that's irrelevant. I use my bangkok bank card in a bangkok bank ATM nation wide and do not incur any charges.

Again. Visa debit card have fees if  withdrawal on BB ATMs in another province.

SO again do you withdrawal  by VISA debit card without any fees in another province?

41 minutes ago, ardokano said:

Visa debit card?

I use my new bangkok bank be 1 card which is the new union pay thing however that's irrelevant. I use my bangkok bank card in a bangkok bank ATM nation wide and do not incur any charges. as I no longer have a visa debit as said in my first post NO I don't use a visa debit now. However untill I got the union pay card I had a visa debit from bangkok bank my first branch wasin Pattaya I used that card for years drawing money out all over thailand at bangkok bank ATM's and was NEVER charged. is that clear enough for you

With your Be1st Visa Debit card you can use it to make purchases at stores in Thailand and in 200 countries worldwide displaying the VISA sign. 
You can also make secure online purchases using your Be1st Visa Debit card with Bualuang iPay which provides an extra level of security by using a password inquiry system – reducing the risk of someone fraudulently using your card to make online purchases. 

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Be1stVisaDebitCard/Be1stCard/Pages/default.aspx

• Annual Fee: 200Bt
Edited by sanemax

1 minute ago, Deepinthailand said:

I use my new bangkok bank be 1 card which is the new union pay thing however that's irrelevant. I use my bangkok bank card in a bangkok bank ATM nation wide and do not incur any charges. as I no longer have a visa debit as said in my first post NO I don't use a visa debit now. However untill I got the union pay card I had a visa debit from bangkok bank my first branch wasin Pattaya I used that card for years drawing money out all over thailand at bangkok bank ATM's and was NEVER charged. is that clear enough for you

there is not enough.
  because with me, and all I know is withdrawal from BB ATMs in another province cost 15 Bt.

i am talking about Be1st Visa Debit

And you what kind type visa card used?

OP,

Regarding those numbers on the back, those last three digits are the security code/CVV which may be asked for during a card no present transaction.  Now some cards may have addition numbers just before that 3 digit security code which are the last few digits of the card number on the front.   There should be a space between that 3 digit code and any proceeding numbers that may be there.  Or at least that the way it works with my Bangkok Bank debit card and U.S. cards.   American Express uses a 4 digit security code and it may be on the front of some of its cards, like on the U.S. American Express card I have.

What is the CVV?
The Card Verification Value (CVV*) is an extra code printed on your debit or credit card. CVV for Visa, MasterCard and Diners is the final three digits of the number printed on the signature strip on the back of your card. CVV for American Express appears as a separate 4-digit code printed on the front of your card.

OK, thanks to everyone who contributed to my query.

I tried to first pay using my Be1st VISA debit card (electronic use only) but the transaction was not authorised with that card and its info.

I then succeeded to pay using my BB credit card and the payment was authorised.