How is life in the Chatuchak area

Phatbeets

Might get a job there as my company has a branch office in this place - so off course I'd like to live nearby.

Those are the quality of life factors that are relevant to me - at least what i can come up with right now:

• Transport options to Rattanakosin, Sukhumvit
    • Day and night via public transport as far as possible.
    • Price of taxi trip to e.g. RCA by night
    • Daily traffic jams in that area
    • Access to the two airports

• Condo offer + price / ratio quality
    • any specific condo recommendation

• Parks, chill out zone that are not too crowded and nice

• Entertainment  (gogo bars excluded but I don't think they even exist over there)
    • Cinema, live music spots, micro breweries resp. nice places to have an after hour beer outside.

• Groceries

• Street food zones

• Markets besides the obvious one e.g. any night market

• how do you think the area will evolve

• likeliness of it being flooded

many questions thx in advance 

Al I can say is I lived in Chatuchak for a few months about seven years ago when I was on a TEFL course. I liked it there, easy access to Morchit BTS, plenty of buses go there, also easy to get to Don Muang Airport, and the huge weekend market, has a western food supermarket, a few bus stops down the road there are huge shopping malls and cinema.

I have lived near to Chatuchak for three years, next to the park. 

• Transport options to Rattanakosin, Sukhumvit There are plenty of bus. Taxi to RCA: 100ish. Traffic depends on time of day, southbound is awful in the morning, northbound awful in afternoon. Between Mo Chit and Don Muang is always a hell hole, to be honest.
  • Rule of thumb for transport in Chatuchak is: you should take a taxi to go east/west, bus to go north, and bts to go south. 
    • Day and night via public transport as far as possible.
    • Price of taxi trip to e.g. RCA by night
    • Daily traffic jams in that area
    • Access to the two airports  Avoiding rush hour, it takes about 20 mins to DM, 45 mins to Suvanabhumi. 

• Condo offer + price / ratio quality  Anything from 12-25k will get you a condo. There are new developments that are more expensive. It's best to look around because the facilities and quality vary a lot.
    • any specific condo recommendation

• Parks, chill out zone that are not too crowded and nice Chatuchak park is good for running or dates, and the bigger park over the road to the west is nice and quiet. There are sports courts and boats also.

• Entertainment  (gogo bars excluded but I don't think they even exist over there) There are some Thai style bars at Ladprao junction, popular with local office workers. Friday - Sunday there is JJ green, a night market with lots of outdoor bars and live music. 
    • Cinema, live music spots, micro breweries resp. nice places to have an after hour beer outside. Big cinema in central ladprao which is next to the park.

• Groceries  Tops in Central ladprao, Big C in Saphan Kwai. Villa in Ari, which is a 50bht Taxi ride.

• Street food zones  Phaholyothin Soi 18/2, opposite chatuchak park is very popular. 

• Markets besides the obvious one e.g. any night market JJ Green. It is much better than Chatuchak day market. Popular with young people. 

• how do you think the area will evolve  Same as anywhere along the bts, slowly more redevelopment and condos. 

• likeliness of it being flooded All along Chatuchak and up through Don mueng is at risk. 

Archived