Budha Statues for export

Spaniel

I will be leaving for a short visit to the USA next week and my wife wants me to take two Budha statues with me to give to our son.    My question is will I have any problem at the airport taking them out of the country?   One is wood and the other some type of composite material.   Neither are very old.     

Budha Statues 003.JPG

On 11/4/2016 at 6:55 PM, swampdonkey said:

You can take out as many as you want
As long as you have a permit for each one
1000 baht a permit

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Well on 4 November I left Bangkok for the USA and I had the smaller of the two buddha's  with me packed in my carry-on bag.     When I checked in (Emerates)  they said shouldn't be a problem.     When I got to the baggage check  I told them I had the buddha statue in my bag and they said no problem.     Didn't need a export permit.

US customs regulations require declaration and inspection of wood products imported into the US. Certain woods require a special permit. The wooden image should be declared so it can be approved for import at customs upon arrival in USA.

8 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

US customs regulations require declaration and inspection of wood products imported into the US. Certain woods require a special permit. The wooden image should be declared so it can be approved for import at customs upon arrival in USA.

Thanks for the info.     The buddha I took back wasn't wood.