Thai Cabinet OKs entertainment activities to resume as normal as of November 14

webfact

Cabinet OKs entertainment activities to resume as normal as of November 14

0111002.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Cabinet gave approval to nine categories of entertainment activities to resume as normal starting November 14 after the completion of the 30-day period of mourning that operators of these activities were asked to observe.

The nine categories of entertainment activities are as follows:

1. National festivals such as Loy Krathong, Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year.

2. Provincial festivals such as Red Cross fair, Pee Ta Khone festival.

3. Provincial-level economic promotion activities such as bull-fighting, walking street festival.

4. Entertainment activities such as Likae, Lamtad, music festival, contest and movie show.

5. Night-life entertainment venues such as night clubs, pubs and bars.

6. Activities in hotels such as conferences, parties.

7. Concerts.

8. Cultural and traditional activities such as thod kathin merit-making, pha pa, weddings and ordinations.

9. Sports competitions.

However, organizers of these activities of nine categories must take into consideration the regulations governing the activities and suitability.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cabinet-oks-entertainment-activities-to-resume-as-normal-as-of-november-14/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-02

Entertainment ban ends on Nov 14
By Pimnara Pradubwit, 
Anapat Deechuay 
The Nation 

Authorities ask for restraint after prohibition on nightlife and TV shows is lifted

BANGKOK: -- THE MOURNING prohibition on nightlife, festivals, shows and TV soap operas will be lifted on November 14.

The government will not impose any limits on entertainment activities and festivals after the initial 30-day period for mourning the passing of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, but event and concert organisers should be considerate given the mourning mood of the public, authorities said.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30298919

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-11-02

Friendly reminder

In using Thai Visa you agree to abide by the following terms:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Forum Rules: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

//Admin

2 minutes ago, Seizetheday said:

Looks like commonsense has prevailed, or have they just realised how much money was going to be lost by not staging these events.

It might help if issues were actually thought through but this is the hub of knee jerk reactions.

Look how they jumped into decisions as soon as the King's death was announced and almost immediately had to start backtracking.

The article list includes New Year.

The NY countdown and music festival in Pattaya was cancelled. Does that mean its now on again? 

Also I guess its too late to run the bang saen speed festival that was to take place November 22>

The music will recommence at night train markets Nov 15 which is good for all the musicians who have not worked for a month. 

50 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

It might help if issues were actually though t through bu t this is the hub of knee jerk reactions.

Look how they jumped into decisions as soon as the King's death was announced and almost immediately had to start backtracking.

I dont think they "jumped into" any decisions nor have done a backflip. The government imho has handled a difficult time very well as have the thai people.

Edited by jacksam

44 minutes ago, jacksam said:

I dont think they "jumped into" any decisions nor have done a backflip. The government imho has handled a difficult time very well as have the thai people.

despite having plenty of time to prepare the government has clearly mis-handled many aspects of the mourning. they did not plan effectively and when they made a decision they did not always think through the consequences. they have ended up looking like bungling amateurs, surprise surprise.

turns out happiness just had to be taken away so it could be returned to the people.

Nostalgia is bliss my eyes are streaming with tears I'm overcome with happiness & emotion.

Thank u thank u !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, samsensam said:

despite having plenty of time to prepare the government has clearly mis-handled many aspects of the mourning. they did not plan effectively and when they made a decision they did not always think through the consequences. they have ended up looking like bungling amateurs, surprise surprise.

That of course is your opinion. many people especially Thais would not agree.

1 hour ago, jacksam said:

Aren't you arguing against yourself ?

You say the govt has handled things well but in your first post asked if certain events were now back on so did they have to be cancelled in the first place if there had been some thought rather than jumping into a decision too quickly ?

59 minutes ago, samsensam said:

I honestly don't know what you're on about. I assumed that this event would come with far greater consequences and potentially total chaos. In the end, there was a month of mourning, and then a return to normal.

3 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

As it's Thai New year I would say yes op mentions New year

Yes, I thought about that, but if they mean Thai New Year (they specifically mention Chinese New Year) then does this mean the Jan 1st New Year is still cancelled?

(I'm only messing with your head).

8 hours ago, samsensam said:

With so much facts to support your statement is it hard to argue with you....  :whistling:

Or was it, since no fact at all in your statement, no point to argue about it . :cheesy:

Just another rant. 

10 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

It might help if issues were actually thought through but this is the hub of knee jerk reactions.

How so.. everyone was talking about a month of mourning.. 14 november.. exactly a month after ?

20 hours ago, jacksam said:

by forcing  u to  do  things , oh yes  , very nice

It's another 11 long days for many businesses without any business.

Will be interesting to see how many businesses go broke over the mourning period.

As the overall situation is still very unclear I guess many people have changed their travel plans by now

so it will be an extended low season.

And ... if it's all back to normal then why did Central World just cancel it's new year party ?

Will be interesting to see what happens in the real world [compared to the illusion the Government obviously lives in]