webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, surangw said:

testosterone  it at its high point in the a.m.

Erm, 'surangw', I wrote 'mourning', not 'morning' (so, please, don't write about that hormone, which creates so many problems overthe World, ...in schools too, unfortunately, and not only a.m.)

16 hours ago, MorristheRunt said:

Mourning and respect comes from the heart, not what colour shirt you are wearing.

And the last few weeks has shown the true feelings of Thais.

no it  hasnt, what  you  see is  decades  of  propaganda

Edited by kannot

4 minutes ago, kannot said:

Maybe they should  have taught them more about  ROAD SAFETY and remind  them how he lost his eye!

That might be too much information and it's not good the people are too well educated.

The plan is to make them ' good Thais ' not necessarily educated ones.

7 minutes ago, kannot said:

no it  hasnt, what  you  see is  decades  of  propaganda

I certainly did not see the reaction I had, over many years, been led to believe would happen and that came from Thais.

Bkk has areas of extreme mourning as could be expected but it certainly isn't anything like that in my area, definitely no sea of black for example and I'll bet that's not what the junta expected or wanted.

15 hours ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Read the full story before passing judgement, please.

He may have changed his attitude slightly after the story broke but there's no getting away from his initial reaction which had no regard for the students involved and saying the staff has to wear black for a year and the comparison with the children would look funny was a pathetic justification.

21 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

I take it you do know this director so jumping to his defence if you think he's being wronged is understandable but do you know the ' most of us ' to make the sweeping statement he works harder ?

I know there's a majority of people on TV who are retired so it's probably true ?

6 minutes ago, TEFLKrabi said:

I know there's a majority of people on TV who are retired so it's probably true ?

You seem to ' know ' a lot, is that a new way of saying assume ?

Before you ask Yes I'm retired but I'm certainly not in a position to speculate about others.

On 11/4/2016 at 9:21 AM, TEFLKrabi said:

Easy to criticize someone you don't know. He's done a lot for this school and community and works harder than most of you. 

Maybe so  and Ill applaud  that, but hey just admit its a bad idea give them back and  move  on.....................nope too  much face  loss, he'd  appear  much better in my eyes  ( not that he cares) if  he just said it was a  "mistake"

PS  I work outdoors most days in anything up to 42c heat, 6am to 6pm on many occasions

Edited by kannot

TEFLKrabi, criticize, call it what you want, but the reality is that it exposes the ugly truth that most of us recognize..

Scratch the surface ever so lightly and you expose the ignorance caused of decades of under-education and deliberate, if not malicious work to keep the majority of a population half educated, ignorant and dumb.

Great way to keep a majority of your people dumb enough to be spoon fed the nonsense that they see on TV everyday of their fairy tale Thailand, but hardly what it takes to rival a South Korea, Taiwan or Singapore.

So, here we are; I stay in my Western bubble, occasionally looking in on the country around me, shaking my head with a mixture of disbelief, incredulity and sadness