How early can I make my NonO extension?

Due to a twist of fate I had to make my NonO based on marriage mid Jan. This has proven to be a busy time for us and Immigration.

I would like to push the date forward or back two months.

I think I had read I could make my application as early as thirty days prior to expiration, but will this change the date?

Could I therefore apply each year early pushing the date back to mid Nov?

Finally, I always forget. Before the extension I need to do the 90 day bc they will only extend to the point I'm allowed to stay? Is that correct?

Never understood this bc I'm being extended a year.

OH! Has anything changed in the marriage Non O process or requirements in the last year?

Thank you

The expire date you currently have is the date they base your ongoing 12 month extensions. You cannot push date back. No difference to apply a week or month before hand. You can apply for extension up to 30 days prior or 45 at some places like CW. 

33 minutes ago, Phuket Man said:

You can apply 30 or 45 days early but you will still get the same expiry date.

You can always apply for a 60 day extension next time round.

That will move things back a bit.

Back?  Really?  :smile:

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to be careful when getting a 60 day extension if on an extension of stay and be sure your really need to get it since it can only be applied for one time. 

Do you mean once per year or once and then never again.

Eg. Money not seasoned two month so do a 60 day extension then do annual ext.  Then have same situation as Op where renewal date is not convenient so in this situation can another 60 day extension be applied for then do the annual extension?

4 minutes ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Eg. Money not seasoned two month so do a 60 day extension then do annual ext.  Then have same situation as Op where renewal date is not convenient so in this situation can another 60 day extension be applied for then do the annual extension?

You mean you can choose how long to get an extension on an O-A - 60 days or one year?

Just now, Naamblar2014 said:

Do you mean once per year or once and then never again.

The rule is only one 60 day extension per entry. You can only get one for the entire time you are on one year extensions. and entries from a re-entry permit do not count as a new entry.

5 minutes ago, Saradoc1972 said:

I got myself a single-entry Non-O for retirement (under 50). Any chance I can get an extension on that, otherwise I'd have to exit on all the good days of the year, on Christmas Eve. Heathen infidels!

Unless you are 50 or over the only extension you can get is 7 days to leave the country.

Thanks everyone. I'm not worried about the money, it's already sitting doing nothing lol.

Looks like I'm stuck. I'm not going to risk extending the extension although I'd heard I could do that. I didn't ask bc it seemed so dubious anyway.

Last year's extension went smoothly. I'll leave it be. Maybe ask when we go in Jan for help.

Thanks for the input.

6 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

You mean you can choose how long to get an extension on an O-A - 60 days or one year?

When you apply for an extension, you are getting an extension of your permission to stay. You would not be "on" a non-imm O-A you would be "on" an extension of stay The visa would have expired or it would soon after you got the extension. Once you get into doing annual extensions, the visa you used to enter is largely irrelevant and has nothing to do with your permission to stay being extended.

If you have an unexpired O-A visa, you can exit the country and re-enter and you'll be given a new 12 month permission to stay. If your visa has expired and your current permission to stay is about to expire you can apply for an annual one year extension of your permission to stay. The visa you last entered on would not be extended past its expiration date.

The 60 day extension they are talking about would (I assume) be an extension to visit your wife. 

6 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

Yes. Lop.
That will push the date when he applies for his twelve month extension back 60 days.

I think the issue is how one interprets "back" and "forward."

If someone gets a 60 day extension, it would expire (roughly) two months later than his current annual extension. If he then applied for an annual extension of stay it would start and end two months later than his current annual extension.

So if he currently does his annual extension in January he could manage to push his annual extensions (back or forward) to March.