Tw Travelling In Europe

I know that I should know this, but I don't.

My wife has a 5 year multi entry visa for the UK. We are thinking of travelling around Europe next summer, what is the deal ? Is the UK Visa OK for Europe or does she need Visa's for each country we visit ?

Advice appreciated.

I know that I should know this, but I don't.

My wife has a 5 year multi entry visa for the UK. We are thinking of travelling around Europe next summer, what is the deal ? Is the UK Visa OK for Europe or does she need Visa's for each country we visit ?

Advice appreciated.

Try posting in the correct forum, you will get more response. :o:D:D

No, a UK-visa does not cover Europe. To visit Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Greece, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden

she will need a Schengen-visa, issued by theemabssy of first country visited or main-destiantion country. Once issued, the visa is valid for all Schengen-member-states. Switzerland accepts the Schengen-visa as long as it is multiple.

Have a look here: http://www.eurovisa.info/SchengenCountries.htm

12-02 10:[/i]43:39']

No, a UK-visa does not cover Europe. To visit Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Greece, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden

she will need a Schengen-visa, issued by theemabssy of first country visited or main-destiantion country. Once issued, the visa is valid for all Schengen-member-states. Switzerland accepts the Schengen-visa as long as it is multiple.

Have a look here: http://www.eurovisa.info/SchengenCountries.htm

The embassies of those EU countries in Thailand will recommend that Thai Passport holders get the schengen Visa in Thailand before they travel, they will tell you it's not possible to get once in the UK.

In practice Thais with a British spouse have managed it.

A single entry schengen visa will allow you to travel freely between those countries mentioned once there but for another trip out of the UK then you will need another visa. Multiple entry schengen visas are available. The good news is that they are free to a spouse of a British national.

To visit other countries in Europe not in the list she will have to satisfy the immigration requirements of that country pertaining to a Thai national

Edited by Mahout Angrit

The embassies of those EU countries in Thailand will recommend that Thai Passport holders get the schengen Visa in Thailand before they travel, they will tell you it's not possible to get once in the UK.

In practice Thais with a British spouse have managed it.

Thais, or any other non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, resident in the UK, irrespective of the nationality/status of their spouse/partner, if any, can apply for a Schengen visa from the relevant embassy in the UK. However, if in the UK with a visitors visa they, officially, cannot; even if some may have managed it.

To avoid disappointment, apply to the relevant embassy in Thailand before travelling.